Home Forums WWII Finnish WW2 Aircraft 1/600 scale

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

New blogpost, some serious and some not so serious notes, my current thinking on the Finnish-Russo Airwar campaign, painting guide for (at least how I did some) small 1/600 aircraft and the Swedish Army done for Joy of Six. More in the link. Hope it is of some interest.
    https://rollaone.com/2018/04/30/finnish-aircraft-and-a-swedish-army/

Participant

Lovely work there. I have been planning to do exactly the same thing in 1/285th scale and have stockpiled loads of lead already. I have recently been painting loads of 1/600th scale aircraft, however, so may well follow your excellent example!

There’s an article and scenarios for the Winter War with BTH in one of the early Specials.

Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>http://jimswargamesworkbench.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=Swastika&m=1</p>

This is what I was planning, which looks a bit like what you are aiming for, although you have actually started! 😊

Participant

Very cool!

Participant

The article and scenarios for the Winter War are in the Summer 2009 Special.

Participant

Kyoteblue and Jim, thanks for the positive comments.

Jim, I had a look at your stuff very inspirational.  I went with 1/600 as I had a bunch I bought from Tumbling Dice a few years back. I got inspired by some stuff that Geoff Bond and Mike Hobbs were doing for Bag the Hun. But wanted a theatre with some personal connection – so I went with the Finns.  I talked to Nick Skinner (who wrote Bag the Hun) at Salute and he pointed me to the Blue Swastika piece that is also in the Scramble compendium (fantastic resource).  I will do the earlier  Fokker D.XXIs next.

Again, thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.