Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Fire Giant for Dragon Rampant

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    William Minsinger
    Participant

The Dragon Rampant Facebook group has a monthly ‘paint a unit for Dragon Rampant in a week’ challenge, and I decided that was as good a reason as any to get back to painting; I have not done much since this past winter!  The fearsome fellow below is a Reaper Bones Fire Giant Warrior.  In DR terms he’s a single model Elite Foot unit.  I’m trying this one sans primer and won’t assemble until the painting is done.  So far I’ve just blocked out the black and steel areas so far; hope to do the brass and the orange/red beard tonight.  Will probably try a light coat of grey on the skin to get closer to classic D&D Fire Giant skin tone (unless someone has a better suggestion).  Lesson learned so far is that when going primer-less on Bones expect to lay down a few coats of paint to make it ‘stick’.

-Will

Mike
    Keymaster

He is a brute, how much did that set you back if I may be so bold?

William Minsinger
    Participant

I got in on the 3rd Bones KS where this guy was featured, and it was 15$ for a pair of Fire Giant Warriors.   I expect they will retail for 10-12$ each MSRP when they are released generally.  One reason I love Bones for large models; if this guys was resin or pewter he’d be three times that.

-Will

William Minsinger
    Participant

Finally had a chance to do a little more painting on Sunday.  All main colors blocked out.  Some cleanup needed, then some shading and probably a bath in the ‘the dip’ and I can call this unit done!  4 more Giants to go….

-Will

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.