Home Forums Ambush Alley Games Force on Force firepower

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    fabio fassan
    Participant

Hello

. As a newbie, I am very unsure about firepower in some situations. Can you help me?

1) A technical has an HMG with a crew of two D8 / M10 insurgents. The weapon fires into the flank of a Humvee with four passengers at a distance of 7 “.

2) In the next round the same weapon fires at a team of four infantry at a distance of 9 “.

3) A technical with a Type 78 AP4 / AT2 recoiless gun (medium gun) with a crew of two D6 / M10 militiamen fires at the flank of a 7 “LAV25 (defense 2 D8).

4) A D6 / M10 insurgent fires an AP3 / AT2 RPG at a Humvee at a distance of 6 “.

5) The same RPG in the next round fires at a team of infantry at a distance of 7 “.

Thanks.

maggico
    Participant
    1. A HMG, normally, can fire with AP:4/AT:1 (L). Then against the Humvee you can fire 4D8 (soft skin damage table on the small arms column), unless it’s up armored, then you can fire 1D8 (light vehicles table on the light gun column).
    2.  Against infantry you fire with the AP rating.
    3. 2D6 (AT value) against 2D8 (armor value). If you hit, roll on the light vehicles table, medium gun column.
    4. The same as for 1. Fire against a soft skin Hummer is different to fire against an up armored Hummer. (3d6 if soft skin/2d6 if up armored)
    5. And it’s the same as for 2. Against infantry you use the AP value, in this case 3D6.

Remember that insurgents don’t use the optimum range for the vehicles.

I assume that the crew are one driver and one gunner. If you speak about two gunner, roll one die more.

fabio fassan
    Participant

many thanks.

fabio fassan
    Participant

Team bonus +2 if two gun crews ?

fabio fassan
    Participant

No Optimum Range for Technical?

maggico
    Participant

Irregulars are not eligible for team bonuses.

Like infantry units, the type of die used is determined by vehicle crew’s Troop Quality.

Vehicle mounted weapons treat all targets as being at Optimum Range, this bonus is already included in the Firepower listed for vehicles.

These are two exctracts of the rules.

fabio fassan
    Participant

thanks for the kind answers to my questions.

In ” Day of the Rangers”, pag.12, I had read: “.. a technical’s mounted weapons have the normal optimal range for the weapon type and troop quality of the crew manning it. This exception  .. reflect the haphazard method by which the weapons are mounted on technicals .. “.  Idem in the Force on Force Rules Book (2011) pag. 143.

About the bonus team, I had misread pag. 137: ” .. this bonus ONLY applies to units that are specifically designed as Weapons Team and who have a Troop Quality of D8 or better.”

Not easy for me this part of the rules.

maggico
    Participant

Rules said that Irregulars are more akin about D6, because are treated as raw militia and gangs. But state that more professional irregulars, like Tier 1 fighters or foreign fighters, are eligible of D8, then can have the Weapon Team bonuses.

The game it’s more about what type of scenario are you playing, than what army you use.

In many scenarios there are some irregulars that are considered more akin a regular army than a militia.

In the rules there is the Scenario “PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER: A FEW BLOCKS OF HELL”. If you note some irregular teams are D8/D10, like the regulars.

fabio fassan
    Participant

ok, but ” only if specifically designed as Weapon Team”.

Please, which non AT support weapons suffers from the -2 dice roll modifiers on the Vehicle Damage Cart?

fabio fassan
    Participant

What if 9 insurgents D6/M10 with an RPG AP3/AT2 and small weapons fires on an up armored Humvee with officer in turret and 3 crew into?

maggico
    Participant

What if 9 insurgents D6/M10 with an RPG AP3/AT2 and small weapons fires on an up armored Humvee with officer in turret and 3 crew into?

The grenadier fire the RPG with the AT statistics, and roll on the medium (RPG7 is considered medium against vehicles) gun table. The rest of the team fire their small arms against the up armored Hummer at half of their total rate of fire.

ok, but ” only if specifically designed as Weapon Team”. Please, which non AT support weapons suffers from the -2 dice roll modifiers on the Vehicle Damage Cart?

All Infantry Support Weapons without an AT value receive a -2 to their die roll when rolling on the vehicle damage table.
    All non-AT Support Weapons other than Small Arms and SAWs roll on the Light Guns column of the Vehicle Damage Table.

As per rules

A note: for the purpose of the damages, the Hummer is considered soft skin. The fact that is up armored is only for defense purpose.

fabio fassan
    Participant

I’m sorry for my too many questions.

thank you for the very useful clarifications

A DShk 3AP/1AT with 2 militiamen D6/M10 fires on an enemy infantry team at 6″ with FP 6 (2 figures + heavy support + OR).

A DShk with the crew on a technical ? Only 3?

maggico
    Participant

A DShk 3AP/1AT with 2 militiamen D6/M10 fires on an enemy infantry team at 6″ with FP 6 (2 figures + heavy support + OR).

5d6 vs enemy infantry. No weapon team bonus, only D8 onward ca be eligible for weapon team bonus, then 3d6 plus 1d6 for every crew (2).

A DShk with the crew on a technical ? Only 3?

Normally a Dshk on a vehicle support is 4 dice [AP:4/AT:1(L)]

fabio fassan
    Participant

Ok, no Weapon Team bonus for D6 and for D8 not specifically designed.

But Optimum Range 12″ for DShk of militiamen D6 on foot?

maggico
    Participant

No, D8 are all eligible for weapon team bonus. The difference is only for irregulars, that is possible that have units with D6 or D8.

All support weapons have an optimum range of twice their Troop Quality (then, yes, D6 have an optimum range of 12″).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.