Home Forums General Conventions and Shows First 2021 casualty – Vapnartak York

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Not sure if you have seen the news but the big Northern trading show at York has been called off:

Sad to say we have had to pull the show for 2021. The continued situation and uncertainty around Covid 19, we don’t know how we could get 2000 visitors, exhibitors and members safely in a covid secure manner in to the Knavesmire stand. The rules are in flux and we could have got the show organised to face a local lockdown or change in the rules with no notice.
    Too big a risk to ourselves, our visitors and the reputation of the show.
    See post “more detail on our thought process” for more details on our thought process.
    Thanks for the understanding.

A little more detail at the Vapnartak Site

Participant

Can’t say it was a surprise but I will really miss that show. Four of us usually make a long weekend of it and stay for a few nights so it isn’t just the shopping.

The site obviously won’t take anything like the usual capacity with current restrictions and I can’t see how they will be any different by February. I doubt that any insurance company would cover for losses if the show was cancelled after arrangement had been made, deposits paid and commitments to expenditure made – no organisation in their right mind would risk that without insurance.

Participant

I’m not surprised.  It has been the most crowded show that I’ve been to (I haven’t been to any shows further south than Derby, so there may well be some more crowded ones darn sarf), with several pinch points potentially making things worse.  It’s a shame but entirely understandable.

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.