Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games Sci-fi / Fantasy Five Leagues…Camp Raid AAR

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I managed to get a quick game of Five Leagues… in a couple of days back.  My doughty band of heroes and heroines find an Orc camp and raid it:

For more details, see here.

I enjoyed your notes at the end, and looking forward to how your campaign goes.

Participant

Nicely done.  Could really have gone the other way with a few bad rolls.  What’s next for your heroes?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Thanks both.  I will just let the dice take them where they may for the moment, in tandem with finishing off my 28mm terrain making project.

Participant

The stone monolith circle looked quite dramatic.  Well done your daughter!

I’ve had a vague thought to use Five Leagues for an historical campaign of a Carthaginian band of soldiers wandering across Sicily, encountering Greeks, Sicels, mercenary Gauls and Iberians, maybe Romans or Pyrrhic troops.  There’s one supplement that doesn’t have too much  (or any?) magic or fantastical bits in it.

What are your thoughts?  Easily transferable from fantasy to strictly historical?

Participant

Thanks Tony!

What are your thoughts? Easily transferable from fantasy to strictly historical?

I am still playing 1e at present so my comments refer only to that, but…yes, really easily.  You would have to re-jig a couple of the enemies (remove the sorceror’s magic powers, the monsters and the undead), change or get rid of a couple of items and then you would be good to go, I think.

Participant

Great AAR! Nice pictures too.

Love the Stonehenge model.

I’ll keep an eye out for further adventures.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Participant

Thanks Mike, I appreciate it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.