- 23/07/2020 at 22:53 #140972dddd99Participant
I am in the process of painting my Khurasan miniatures up to play Bug Hunt. In the meantime, I have been reading my copy of the Bug Hunt rules and have some questions.
- I see in the rules it says use 3 main characters for the ongoing campaign, with options to make 4 or more in order to make an easier game. If I want to play the rules as recommended I will go with 3 main characters. If one character dies, is that character replaceable? I know one can play the options listed in the ‘Stars of the Story’ section such as ‘ Ducked at the right time!’ But what if you are not including those options? I am guessing once a main character is dead, you now have to get by with only 2 main characters, and so on. This seems also to occur if characters muster out. What is the official ruling?
- In the game turn, say when rolling reactions you roll all 1’s. So therefore all your characters/teams may act in the quick actions phase. What if you still would prefer that some of these activations transpire in the slow action phase? Can you choose to discard some of the 1’s so that some can intentionally act in the slow phase? I am just thinking strategically there may be times a player might want to do this.
- Spotting rules. 6″ in the open. Seems like this is short for a case of in the open, no cover, well lit, outdoors in daytime, etc. I know it is a game balance thing most likely, but has anyone experimented with this? increasing this spotting distance in certain settings?
All in all a very straightforward rules set since my first 2 questions are edge cases and my last one is speculative. Everything else is easy to grasp. I can’t wait to try the rules and see how they play out. My aliens were fast to paint up, but now I am stuck on the marines ; hopefully I will be done soon.
Also, I am thinking of expanding the rules with Five Parsecs Compendium. Thanks for any feedback. Best wishes.24/07/2020 at 19:50 #141058Ivan SorensenParticipant
Its intended you replace main characters up to 3, if you want an on-going campaign. If youprefer to see how long the “tv season lasts”, once they go they are gone.
For the game turn, it’s not official, but I absolutely allow a character to delay if desired. I do say it must be chosen at the time you place the die.
The spotting rules assume you are playing in a cramped cargo bay, starship and that its dramatically dark, the critters are sneaking etc.
You can double it if you want to fight in an open space.
Nordic Weasel Games
https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse570125/07/2020 at 20:15 #141138dddd99Participant
Ivan, thanks very much for the explanations. All very reasonable. Best wishes.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.