Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Five Parsecs Tactics is now on preorder

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

If I may:
    Five Parsecs From Home: Tactics

Five Parsecs Tactics is now up for pre-orders through Modiphius.
    This introduces ground warfare to the Five Parsecs universe and features solo mechanics, campaign rules, army list based play and a TON of tools for game mastering, all in one handy package.
    Stats are compatible with Five Parsecs From Home and you can play in a bunch of different ways.

You might use this book as a tool kit for your Five Parsecs games, to create interesting scenarios, play out side affairs like see what actually happened when that planet was invaded, play pick up games of scifi battles, run a Game Mastered campaign or any number of other things.

I think Five Parsecs covered one angle of narrative gaming quite well, but I always wanted to cover the other aspect: Scenario driven games. This is my attempt to do just that.

Participant

Very cool!

Please visit my OSR products for sale at
    www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/17194/Punkrabbitt-Publishing

Participant

How do the mechanics compare to something Company Commander in Space, No Stars in Sight, Squad Hammer etc? Company Commander is one of my all time favorites.

Participant

This is a skirmish game with individual figures, roughly platoon level.

Core mechanics:

Turn sequence alternates but you usually activate a couple of units each time.
    There’s the usual options for overwatch, sneaking around and whatnot.
    Combat is fairly conventional (roll to hit, roll to kill). Suppression accumulates and limits firing. Each shot that hits but does not produce a casualty cause a suppression point . Each suppression point reduces one figure to only hitting on 6s when firing, until the unit takes a regroup action which (usually) clears it off.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.