Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games General FiveCore Pulp multiplayer game

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I tried out a game of FiveCore Pulp with 6 players, each having a Hero, and Adventurer and 2 Followers.  It worked out pretty well, even though these were inexperienced gamers.  I did use a card activation system, going through the deck twice in one turn, so that each player would activate at least once before other players got their second activation.

Here’s a brief write up.

http://hodgepodgelodger.blogspot.com/2017/01/miniatures-eclectic-collection-of.html

Participant

6 players? That is gnarly 🙂

Yeah, for that many players, making some adjustments is expected.
    I’m glad the game went well and your write-up is quite fantastic and well in the spirit of pulp madness.
    The gaming table is a treasure trove of weird little bits too.

How was the reception of the game?

Participant

great stuff.

I like what you used as parts for your scenery.

Despite the draw and future earth quake, did every one have fun?

Participant

I ran the game for a bunch of Boyscouts, none of whom had any gaming experience.  They liked the game a lot,  and several asked me the name of the rules and where to find them.

Looks like a bucketload of fun! Love all the pulp superscience craziness on the table.

Participant

Thanks for all the praise.  For the table, I largely threw little scenery bits together that I had laying around.  I made the concrete walls and catwalk in a rush a few days prior to the game.  I wanted a decent amount of cover, and I gave most characters only a pistol in order to allow players a bit of flexibility.  Some wanted to search for treasure, while others were eager to get into the fight.

Participant

Here are the scenario rules I used to run the game.<style type=”text/css”>
    <!–
    @page { margin: 0.79in }
    P { margin-bottom: 0.08in }
    –>
    </style>

Scenario:

Each faction starts on a corner or middle of a board edge, and all figures are considered hidden at the start of the game, and as such, no shooting can take place during the first turn. The goal of each group is to retrieve their favored item and get it off the board before the earthquake destroys the complex. Initiative will be via card activation with one card per faction. Once each faction has gone once, the activation deck will be shuffled and run through again for that turn. When a factions card is drawn they may activate their hero and ½ of their other figures.

Victory points are awarded as follows:

5 pts Get favored item off the board

3 pts Get another group’s favored item off the board.

1 pt Per 5 small treasures taken off the board.

1 pt Per enemy put out of action or forced to rout

-1 pt Per figure destroyed in the earthquake.

Once a figure moves off the board, it is considered out of the game.

Searching- Any terrain item can be searched once. Roll 2 dice, designating one as the seach die. If doubles are rolled a trap is encountered, roll on the trap table. Otherwise use the treasure die and consult the following:

1= Small treasure found (trinkets, gems, books, etc)

2-5= Nothing

6= Chance for a Preferred Treasure, roll again and on a 6 get a random Preferred Treasure (5 small treasures if all preferred treasures found).

Traps-

1= device goes off, character stunned.

2-5= Character surprised (rodents, loud noise, falling object, etc).

6= Enemy (Mummy, Tong, Robot, Rival Treasure Hunters)

Enemy-

Mummy (5” move, Evil Aura- range 4” 2S, +2 Brawl) number 1.

Tong (6” move, +1 Brawl) number d3.

Robot (5” move, Blaster- 8” range 1K1S) number 1.

Treasure Hunters (6” move, Pistol- 8” range 1K1S) number d3.

Earthquake- 3 dice will act as the earthquake timer. At the start of the 4<sup>th</sup> turn roll the dice, any 6’s indicate a tremor. Each character then needs to roll on the following table:

1= fall prone

2-5= shaken up but ok.

6= fall prone and drop weapon and items.

Once a tremor is indicated, remove that die from future rolls. Once the last die has rolled a 6, the earthquake destroys the complex and any characters on the board at the time are killed.

At the end of the game (via time limit or earthquake), the faction with the most victory points wins.

Participant

I thought I had posted this yesterday but evidently I dreamed that 🙂

If you want to, I can give you a discount code to get a few copies half off for the kids, or you can give them a USB stick or something and just paypal me whatever seems fair.
    In case, you have interested parties.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.