Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games General FiveCore/Five Men Question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Coyotepunc
    Participant

Alright, so I am playing a Five Men In Normandy solo campaign, and will be doing more with differing forces. However, I see some of my narratives and campaign ideas drifting into the Pulp zone.

So, how do I add specific unusual models to a random group? My Partisans will be a Cult Of Dagon a la H. P. Lovecraft, and I want to have a Deep One or two accompanying them. I want a robot to be a part of my sci-fi team. Is it cool to just add whatever instead of a random roll?

Slightly related: it occurred to me a while back that “Star Wars: A New Hope” is a good example of a FiveCore group growing over time. First we  have Luke and the droids, then we add Obi-Wan, then Han and Chewie, and finally Leia (who kind of replaces Obi-Wan after he dies.)

Please visit my OSR products for sale at
    www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/17194/Punkrabbitt-Publishing

kyoteblue
    Participant

Sounds cool!

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

I’d just narrate it as and when it happens.
    F.x. you raid a cultist hideout, it’s a perfect opportunity to add a deep one hybrid, that sort of thing.

Otherwise, player actions should do the trick as well.

You are reminding me of some unfinished notes I have sitting around…

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

Coyotepunc
    Participant

The Cultists will be the campaign group, fighting Partisans, Vichy, and Nazis as opposition forces. So I am curious how I should handle the inclusion of melee monsters in the campaign force.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Ah, hm, good call.

I might do something like say you can only have 1 out of every 3/4/5 figures be a monster. So if you have a 6 man group, youhave 2 “monster slots” so to speak.

If a monster slot is open, the next recruit is a critter.

Something like that?

Nordic Weasel Games

Coyotepunc
    Participant

That works 🙂 I am just concerned about breaking the campaign rules, this is kind of like “well, I have a guy with a machine gun so I’ll just add him too” (instead of working for it over the course of a few games as Player Actions!) so I wanted some good guidelines.

Thank you.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Coyotepunc.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

That’s definitely a valid concern, though for melee-oriented characters, it’s probably less of an issue.

If things get too easy, figure that the dastardly heroes have started realizing something is amiss, so they bring an extra guy each time.

Nordic Weasel Games

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.