Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Floating Island

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    KitfoxKitfox
    Participant

First attempt at a magic floating island, 6mm scale.

Death to all fanatics!

Andrew BeasleyAndrew Beasley
    Participant

Very neat and tidy – nice work.

ThomastonThomaston
    Participant

Can you post a guide for how to make this? I’ve been wanting to make one for a long time.

Tired is enough.

KitfoxKitfox
    Participant

I’ll take some pics later but it was dead easy, it’s a Noch hardfoam rock, broken free from the sheet turned over and painted grey. The flat side painted in  Stirland mud and dry brushed then given a liberal helping of static grass.  The greenery is just bog standard foliage and the building is from the Brigade Models 6mm desert dimes range.

Dead easy!

Death to all fanatics!

KitfoxKitfox
    Participant

Here’s the progression for the island using a few others I’ve got on the go.

Death to all fanatics!

Not Connard SageNot Connard Sage
    Participant

The creme anglaise must be freshly made, then gently cooled and the meringue must be light and sticky. 🙂

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

Mr. Average
    Participant

I love this idea. I may well ape it, most shamelessly. Would be great with Aeronefs flirting between them, perhaps in the atmosphere of Colonial Jupiter in a VSF milieu.

KitfoxKitfox
    Participant

Sounds good! I think I’ll go high fantasy and drop the scale a bit so I can try and squeeze a Brigade Models modular castle onto one of them.  I just wish I’d picked up some Sky Pirates from Uncharted Seas before Spartan went under.

Death to all fanatics!

Mr. Average
    Participant

The fantasy naval units from Microworld might be a good place to go.  Some interesting Dwarven ships that might take to modding as “Spelljammer” style air ironclads with a fantasy style.

Seas of Fate

ThomastonThomaston
    Participant

Thanks for the in progress photos. Never occured to me before to use upside down hills.

You could probably find some Uncharted Seas stuff on ebay.

Tired is enough.

KitfoxKitfox
    Participant

Sadly the Sky Pirates are hard to come by (at least for a price I’m willing to pay). I’ve ordered some new smaller scale buildings to add and am thinking I’ll go for the Warlord games Black Seas ships with a suitably Spelljammer makeover.

Death to all fanatics!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.