Home Forums Modern Flytrap Factory 15mm Royal Marines, 2nd Generation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

I recently placed an order with Anton (AKA “The Enigmatic Baron Trapdoor”) of Flytrap Factory, who’s modern troops I’ve always been a fan of.  Now I already had some Royal Marines of his, but when he released an updated set of them, I just had to hop on in, so below you’ll see a squad of eleven men.  Oh, and here’s a link to the original set of Royal Marines:

http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/12/forces-for-modern-middle-east-part-8.html

Here they are, twelve British Royal Marines done up in the generic pattern that it seems pretty much every Western power wears.  The eleven men are broken into five poses, with two grenadiers, two SAWs, two team leaders, two riflemen advancing, and three riflemen sighting in. To see closeups of each pose, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2017/08/flytrap-factory-15mm-royal-marines-2nd.html

Some great looking troops, gotta figure out where I can get them on the table quick!

V/R,
    Jack

Victoria DicksonVictoria Dickson
    Participant

Really nice figures, and great poses. I love the painting, but shouldn’t the rifles have greenish plastic bits on them?  Or did you do them that way and it’s just not showing up in the pics?  I might be wrong, but I recall handling one at an army open day a couple of years ago and half of it was green, making it look a bit like a toy till you felt the weight.

(I also remember not being able to pull back the bolt on a tripod MG and helping my grandson to drop dummy mortar rounds down a mortar tube, those things are a lot heavier than they look.  What can I say, I’m out of condition.   )

kyotebluekyoteblue
    Participant

They look good Jack.

telzy ambertelzy amber
    Participant

I love the painting, but shouldn’t the rifles have greenish plastic bits on them?

The newer SA80A2 has replaced the green handguard with Nato standard rails witch allow the attachment of sights, vertical grips, lights, lasers etc. The rails tend to be black but they are sharp and plastic covers can be put on them to protect the hands. These covers are either green (not sure which green) or sand. The cocking handle has been replaced with a new one that has a deflector on it. It’s often sand colored.

I think Jack has painted the covers and the cocking handle sand.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by telzy ambertelzy amber.
    Just Jack
    Participant

Thanks John!

Vicki and Telzy – I painted the ‘old’ Royal Marines with sand colored plastic on their weapons, but for the ‘new’ RMs I just left them all black (due to the rail systems Telzy mentioned).

And don’t worry, I’m not sure I could still pull the charging handle back on a machine gun 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Victoria DicksonVictoria Dickson
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.