Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Foliage Supplies

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

To the UK members, where do you get your stuff from such as static grass, tufts etc.

My normal go to has been OOS for months and I am bored of waiting.
    I have been waiting though as they make some of the stuff I use, so for compatibility reasons I want to stay with them.
    But at the same time I am not averse to starting over if the new supplier has similar stuff and is more reliable.

Keymaster

Or brands you swear by.

Participant

I mostly use static grass from WWS, tufts from Mininature and bushes from Tajima1. I’m not sure that there is any significant difference in quality or price compared to the alternatives, but like you I stick to these in the interest of consistency. I live in fear of running out and being unable to get more, so routinely over-order!

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Keymaster

I live in fear of running out and being unable to get more, so routinely over-order!

I have just done this for what they do have in stock, and when the e-mail notification of new stock arrives on the long missing stuff, I will be ordering a shat-tonne.

Keymaster

Mininature

You star, I had run out of something and being a fool I had lost the packaging.
    They are miniNatur brand. TY TY!!

Participant

Mininature

You star, I had run out of something and being a fool I had lost the packaging. They are miniNatur brand. TY TY!!

They produce a lot more stuff than you’d think. They started out in the late 70s manufacturing bits for architectural models, by the early 80s the model railway buffs (inc. me) had heard of them. The rest is history.
    https://www.mininatur.de/en/

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

This may be the one area in which US gamers have one up on the UK. Woodland Scenics is my go to for all such products, but I gather hard to acquire in the UK?

Keymaster

Nah, WS is all over the place here.
    I have a lot of their stuff.

😀

Participant

Nah, WS is all over the place here.
    I have a lot of their stuff.

😀

I’ve been using WS for over 40 years. It was easy to get hold of back then, it’s even easier in t’internet era.

Model railways again, we discovered stuff before wargamers had heard of it 🙂

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Keymaster

Model railways again, we discovered stuff before wargamers had heard of it

Yup, it is interesting to see as the years go by, how many model train websites are adding wargames sections to their online stores.
    I mean why not, they already stock the stuff.

Participant

I buy from all over…so much I sometimes think I’m more miniature gardener than wargamer.  Greenstuffworld’s stuff is my most recent tufts supplier via Mighty Lancer’s shop in Bridlington.  Yes you read that correctly…a high street wargame/model/boardgame shop not in any way affiliated with GW.

There's 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.....

Keymaster

There are some still left, quite a few to be fair.

I am not a MILLION miles from there but am loathe to make the trip in case.

What sort of stock levels do they normally hold?

Participant

Mighty Lancer is a big shop with a pretty extensive range of scenic materials.

https://www.mightylancergames.co.uk/search?type=product&q=scenic

There's 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.....

Keymaster

Cheers, yeah I looked them up.
    But it is hard to gauge how well they keep their shelves stocked as a rule of thumb.
    Sods law I would go and most of things I like would be OOS..   😐

Participant

Their website shows stock levels of most things..and highlights once there’s not many left.

The shelves have always been pretty full when I’ve gone.  The shop is between the railway station and the harbour so not out of the way if a day at the seaside is of interest

It’s also close to the Boyes department store which has model-making/wargaming stuff (regularly has sales on Vallejo paints)

Keymaster

Cool ta, if we get some prolonged sun we may indeed pop to seaside, and any model shops that just happen to be nearby  😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.