Home Forums Modern Forces for Modern Africa Part 3 – Rebel Minis' Rebels

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

Part Three of my modern forces for Africa has arrived, and these are once again Rebel Minis from the ‘Bongolesia’ battle box, which is a super deal containing almost 30 government troops, four contractors/mercenaries, and almost 30 rebels/freedom fighters. This installment deals with the rebels, to whom I’ve also attached four Special Forces types left over from the Rebel Minis Special Forces pack I bought (and posted previously, here: http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/08/forces-for-modern-middle-east-part-1.html). The SF guys are trained in unconventional warfare and are here to train and organize the rebels.

So, in the scenario background I have floating around in my head, you have a government element and a rebel element, with the gov’t troops trying to maintain power and the rebels trying to take over power. The gov’t hires some mercenaries to help train and organize them, while a sympathetic country sends in SF guys to train and organize the rebels. There’s one more piece to the puzzle, but that will be in my next post.

The whole force, consisting of four Special Forces guys and twenty-seven rebels, all from Rebel Minis and based for Central Africa. I did the SF up in US-style Woodland cammies, turned out pretty good I think, though I’m not as happy with the brown color for the vests/gear, while the rebels are wearing an eclectic mix of different military uniforms and civilian attire.

To see a bunch more photos, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/11/forces-for-modern-africa-part-3-rebel.html

Well, that’s that. I didn’t receive my 20mm figs this weekend, so I’m still not ready to start my Balkans campaign (fingers crossed they get here by Wednesday and I can paint them up Friday and play Saturday), but I’ve been working on other stuff to post here, so stay tuned.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

I really really like Rebel Miniatures and hope they do more modern 15mm figures. Oh and I got the pics of the troops you sent me up on Facebook.

Spectator

Third world bloodbaths are doubleplusfun! I’m thinking of doing a game based on Eritreans scavenging discarded prawn tails from a passing Carnival Cruise liner and then fighting over the haul. Skirmish style. Part of my Ringworm Rampant line of poor broke b@tch based warfare.

Participant

Well I have the Sultanate of Ifat to fight in it’s a cross between Casablanca/ The Marx Bro. and Call of Cthulhu….

Participant

John,

Yep, saw the pics man, good to go, I can’t wait to see them in Ifat.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

I’ll get back to Ifat soon….going to do a Team Yankee game first….I’ll post pics on Facebook.

Participant

What?  I thought Team Yankee wasn’t going to be released for awhile?

So plenty of time for Colonel Sokolove to do some damage.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Third world bloodbaths are doubleplusfun! I’m thinking of doing a game based on Eritreans scavenging discarded prawn tails from a passing Carnival Cruise liner and then fighting over the haul. Skirmish style. Part of my Ringworm Rampant line of poor broke b@tch based warfare.

I read about two entrenched, opposing units in the SCW who were freezing in the mountains during the winter.  They steadily lost people fighting to recover the remains of telegraph poles between their lines  as the only source of firewood.  Stark stuff.  Your prawn tails are a credible victory objective.

Participant

It’s from an articular in Wargames Illustrated 337 that has the stats for Team Yankee…I just posted some pics on my Facebook page.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.