Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi Forgive me AB for I have sinned…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

……… and used your lovely 6mm terrain for a 15mm build! This was built for the 2015 The Guild groupbuild. It’s from my Harmony sci fi setting.

As the colony developed, the early jury rigged power sources were supplemented by purpose built plants. The Harmony Electrical Light and Power Supply (HELPS) was (and is) a major provider of electrical and water to the colony. It utilised a number of different technologies to do so, including wind, hydro and geothermal power, often ingeniously combined into a single facility.

HELPS-One was the prototype of a series of very successful plants.

The design uses the highly efficient OKI compact wind turbine, which acts firstly as a generator but also as a pump, to bring water up from artesian wells to an elevated reservoir.

The water is stored until required, if for example the wind drops or there is high demand. It is then released back into the bore, turning the generator in the base of the power. Where the geology is suitable, a geothermal module produces additional power from the hot artesian water.

The plant is modular and due to the compact design the towers can be found in many parts of Harmony.

HELPS-One is to be found on the outskirts of Harmony city itself, protected from roaming wildlife by a sturdy prefabricated wall, and similar plants are a common sight around Harmony’s larger settlements.

Various ancillary buildings can be found within the compounds but the basic tower is a self contained unit, requiring only an artesian bore.

Mechanical assistance proves very helpful.

Although the plants are autonomous, they do require maintenance from time to time, with crews being a mixture of humans and ‘droids.

Being a frontier planet, O, H & S standards aren’t as rigorously enforced as on the Core Worlds…..

Walls, windmills and ‘turbine’ all 6mm from Angel Barracks, control building is 15mm from Brigade Models, the towers are (unused!) sputum pots. Figures and vehicles are from a range of sources and have been seen before.

(Michael – feel free to move this to another part of the forum if you think somewhere else is more suitable. Also feel free to use the pix of your products!)

Participant

Very cool !!!!

No, that is a not a sin, you have taken the light of 6mm and shone it upon the heathens!

😀

Nice work sir.

Participant

Really nice work.

Participant

Great idea, I might steal it! I especially like the towers with the wind blades.

Participant

I love it!  That’s just great.

What are those towers again? Sputum pots?

Everything comes together very well… I’m very jealous! 🙂

ClearHorizon Miniatures - 15mm Sci-Fi
    http://www.clearhorizonminiatures.com

Participant

Yes, they’re not our usual ones but some special ones we received for clinical trials. They very conveniently happen to closely resemble some of the concrete water towers that you see from time to time.

It was serendipity that led me to add ABs turbines on top. Those are mounted on a 5/8″ washer which neatly fills the hole on the top of the pot. A unifying coat of paint on the components & voila!

Participant

It looks great, I’m going to have to try and find something similar!

ClearHorizon Miniatures - 15mm Sci-Fi
    http://www.clearhorizonminiatures.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.