Home Forums General General Forum Drop Down

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Stopped working for me on IE.
    BUT….

So it stops working now when on the site proper, but if I click my profile link (Top right where it says Hi XXX) the drop down works once in my profile.
    Can anyone else confirm if this is the case for them?

Stopped working for me on IE. BUT…. So it stops working now when on the site proper, but if I click my profile link (Top right where it says Hi XXX) the drop down works once in my profile. Can anyone else conform if this is the case for them?

Can confirm. The drop-down menu does work when I’m in my profile, on my Android phone, Android tablet and Windows PC (all using Chrome). Hadn’t noticed that before.

Keymaster

hmmmm stopped working for me on Chrome now, except as noted when in the profile page.

Not sure how/when this will be fixed.
    Until then, apologies but please be aware that there are the same shortcuts at the bottom of each forum page.

Keymaster

Stopped working for me on IE. BUT…. So it stops working now when on the site proper, but if I click my profile link (Top right where it says Hi XXX) the drop down works once in my profile. Can anyone else conform if this is the case for them?

Can confirm. The drop-down menu does work when I’m in my profile, on my Android phone, Android tablet and Windows PC (all using Chrome). Hadn’t noticed that before.

Cheers curiouser and curiouser

Participant

The drop down is not working for me right now.  Safari on an iPad mini.

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

Keymaster

For now (or maybe even as a permanent fixture?) I have added Topic Freshness to the Main Menu.

Participant

It’ll be a right pain if it is permanent, as it’s the easiest way to check what’s going on in terms of recent posts etc.

Participant

Just worked when in my profile, so that’s good.

Participant

Next issue (don’t know where else to post). Any grouped topic (air & Naval, General, ambush alley games, etc.) are now showing the time since the first sub-topic was last changed and not when the latest update of any topic was done. For example at this time force on force was updated 51 minutes ago but the ambush alley games topic is displayed as 8 months and 3 weeks since updating. Not good.

Participant

Topic freshness in the main menu is a great idea! I vote to keep it as a permanent feature…

Participant

No replies lately so hard to judge the site owners response but….

Now none of the times since last post match any reality. Whether the forum has sub forums, like this one or is straight to the topics many (all?) are showing spurious times for the last post. It means all forums have to be looked at individually or, eventually, ignored as a whole.

If I just need to “update” some software switch (setting) somewhere that is OK as right now this forum is losing it’s allure and utility.

Keymaster

No replies lately so hard to judge the site owners response but….

Now none of the times since last post match any reality. Whether the forum has sub forums, like this one or is straight to the topics many (all?) are showing spurious times for the last post. It means all forums have to be looked at individually or, eventually, ignored as a whole.

If I just need to “update” some software switch (setting) somewhere that is OK as right now this forum is losing it’s allure and utility.

I am aware of the issue having now read this.
    If you require a quicker response perhaps a Private Message?

There is an issue with the caching software and and the CDN, which I am looking into.
    It is not immediately obvious as the problem is not effecting every topic such that none are correct, rather it is effecting some, making the root cause harder to locate.

It is being investigated though.

Participant

Thank you. My previous post felt “alone (lost in the void)”. All my issues are recent (since Christmas?) as things went well before. Recently I updated by virus software (Avast) and was/am not sure it is involved. All this is intended to be a help to you by identifying issues I am seeing. Please don’t take it as an attack, even though I might have worded it that way. This site is one of my top three gaming site and probably the best when it comes to acceptance of scales other than 28mm (I only play 6mm and just starting 15mm for skirmish) so I come here very often. So not being able to tell when something you are following is updated is annoying (first world issue). I already keep something like 30 tabs open at most times so no room to hold more (or just give up and keep 100 open!?). Thank you for the awesome site and reasonable people here.

Keymaster

I think I have sussed out what is happening, just need to figure out how to fix it.
    Looks like freshness is showing the last topic not the last reply.

Will double check tomorrow.

Participant

Sorry, but for me is may be one or two topics older. Times and dates match. No consistency that I can see, but you may be able to figure that out. I only know enough about computers to know I don’t know computers!

Keymaster

So not being able to tell when something you are following is updated is annoying (first world issue).

Whilst I look into this, you are aware you can subscribe to topics to know when something you like is updated?

Participant

OH yes, like this thread. In general I like to review about 1/3 of the forums daily. This is just more annoying. As I said first world problem.

Keymaster

Not what I thought which was a pity.

Looking now, based on the forum notice bar:

There are 4 forums where this bar is showing incorrect freshness (Ambush Alley, General, Fantasy and Sci-fi).
    However the information in all forums down the right side seems to be correct.

If anyone could confirm this at their end that would be very handy, don’t feel obliged though.

Having checked, I’m also seeing the problem in Alternate History and Horse and Musket, on top of the four you mentioned. I wouldn’t know about the Traders forum as I’m not allowed in there (I can only see that it exists and that the most recent post there was allegedly 2 weeks and 4 days ago). Furthermore, the problem is not just occurring in the notice bar, but also in the forum “root” page.

Participant

Seems mostly OK. I think I went into every forum and sub forum earlier and only one or two hiccups. I may be wrong but I would say it is back to normal. Thank you.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.