Home Forums WWII France 1940 AAR

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Had the first skirmish of the year with random terrain & force generation.
    Solo game, so I diced for the axes of advance for the Germans. Although the choices the dice made for this seemed not unreasonable, the replay will be with a concentrated Schwerpunkt but will, however,  include the random reinforcements the Allies received in game 1 as part of scenario 2 for comparison.

Full info in blog:
    Folie du Pont

VainGlorious rules, Heroics & Ros miniatures, TerrainShed forests used.

Enjoy your gardening

Les & Alison

Keymaster

I really like the look of that. Plenty of different shapes and textures. A little bit bumpy. The town is not just a straight line.
    It somehow says old school.
    Cheers mucker.

Participant

Definitely intentionally old skool. Even got felt and rubber lichen for marsh as I haven’t got anything better.

Forgot to say, this is the full AAR:
    Folie du Pont

Enjoy your gardening

Les & Alison

Participant

Hmmm – old skool? How old is old skool? Fibre board contour hills, matt green baseboard and vac formed Bellona cottages is old skool to me – yours is far too nice!

Good report – your own rules too?

Participant

Love the look of your table.

Participant

That is super scenic, you can smell the bakers bread !

Participant

Good post, an interesting situation on a good looking table, highlighting the advantages of the scale …. all in a small space, the need of which will strike a chord with many a gamer.

Do the trees actually pierce the cloth and stick into something underneath or are the tree bases edited out? good effect either way.

Participant

Guy, Yes, own rules, on Wargame Vault too.

I’m only into this period and got sick of wading through all the late war gun and vehicle stats. One thing led to another and came up with the game mechanic I wanted and the rest of the rules.

Norm, the tree trunks are held by the canopy, so in the case of small woods that only need 3 tree trunks, they all touch the cloth (so to speak). More trunks need a bit of faffing with. The whole is lifted off to fiddle about with elements within.

For those that like buying stuff, they’re at terrainshed.co.uk

Enjoy your gardening

Les & Alison

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.