Home Forums General Game Design Free app-driven minatures games

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Folks:

We just set up our new page for all the app-driven miniatures games we developed during the COVID Pandemic. Some are designed for normal competitive play, and some are cooperative/solo play. Some are both. There are some other ones in the works – we use these for remote play, convention games, and our regular club games, and will put up new ones as we get them finished. All are completely free.

http://applicationofforce.com/

Here’s the list:

Competitive/Cooperative Games:
    Viktoria! – Victorian Sci-Fi (28mm)
    In Freedom’s Cause – Regimental ACW (28mm)

Competitive Games:
    La Guerre a Outrance – Grand-tactical Franco-Prussian War (15mm)
    A Bloody Dismal Fight – Late Medieval (28mm)
    El Gran Capitan – Italian Wars (28mm)
    Revolucion! – Grand-tactical Mexican Revolution (15mm)
    While the Devil Rules – Thirty Years War/Swedish Deluge (28mm)

Cooperative Games:
    1848! – European revolutions (28mm)
    With the Colours in the Late War – Toy soldiers (54mm)
    The Other Side of the Hill – Peninsular Napoleonic skirmish (28mm)

Hope you enjoy them!

Cheers,

Arofan Gregory
    Bloody Scotsmen Games

Participant

Hmm. Interesting.

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

Alison:

With all respect, I am not sure that’s true. I see a lot of video-style games which imitate tabletop miniatures, and some apps to help paint minis, and some list-builder apps.

There are very few apps which are actually used to run miniatures games on the tabletop with physical models. That’s what we have made. There have been a couple of science-fiction miniatures gaming apps, I think, but not a lot else. To my knowledge, none of them do historical miniatures games the way we have.

We like having a real table in front of us, and we enjoy collecting and painting the historical soldiers.ย  Maybe I am missing something (I don’t play a lot of games on my smartphone) but I do not think there is a “vast array of options” for those looking to game historical battles on a real-world tabletop.

If virtual games are your cup of tea, that’s great, but for us it isn’t – plus: no in-game ads! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Participant

I think Alison is a bot… The style of writing and that fact that there is not a reference to your post tends to indicate the Amazing capability of ai… I do really hate the million of generated sites that have popped up.

Keymaster

I am inclined to agree, but am waiting.

Participant

At the rate things are going, we might as well just accept that ‘bots are people, too! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Participant

These responses are bots. They are even written in the same style as spam comments on my blog. At least they haven’t got links to Thai gambling sites embedded in them.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Keymaster

Topic cleaned up a bit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.