Home Forums General General Free Game From Alternative Armies

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Gavin Syme of Alternative Armies has very generously offered to give away a Flintloque Starter Set!!

5024 Escape from the Dark Czar

Get into Flintloque the skirmish the best alternate history fantasy black powder skirmish game there is with 5024 Escape the Dark Czar!

A set with a core booklet along with ten miniatures, bases and dice. Your entry into the World of Valon and a massive range of miniatures and titles built up over more than fifteen years. From this starting point you can go in any direction from continuing the fight in the Witchlands to the dusty lands of Catalucia or the rolling fields of Urop marching with or against the eagle banners of the Emperor Mordred and his blue coated Elves.

Some random images:

More details on the set HERE

To be in a with a chance of winning this great prize, just say why you want it below!!

One winner will be chosen in the next few weeks!!

Participant

Ooooo! Now THAT might be interesting! I have never tried the setting or “period”, so this might be just what’s needed to tip the scale. I’m part of a little group on Facebook who try and demo rules via Youtube and such.

http://mainly28s.com
    wargames review site...

Nice!

Participant

Because I’d love to have a go at painting  those minis

Participant

I recently just took advantage of Alternative’s 20% sale to treat myself to the Ion Age Patrol Angis, and Furioso ECW.  I did eyeball the Flintloque rules, as they do seem to have a strong cult following.  I admit that I quite enjoy reading and trying different rulesets, and this one has piqued my interest for some time now.

Participant

I love AA stuff, and I have always wanted to get into Flintloque!

Keymaster

Last week for this, I will choose a winner on Saturday!!

Participant

I don’t play Flintloque but I have a few AA figures and I’ll continue to buy others. AA has original and inspiring ideas and some of these Flintloque figures can be used in other fantasy contexts.

http://www.argad-bzh.fr/argad/en.html
    https://www.anargader.net/

Keymaster

Last few hours to win a free game!

Participant
    1. I love the world of Valon and would love a chance to play this with my nephews, who I think would love it just as much.
    Participant

Because I’ve always been really interested in trying Flintloque but just haven’t gotten around to it. That and the dog fellow is adorable and I want him.

Participant

It’s not just the miniatures (which I think are great) but the scenarios which should give me so much inspiration to produce a whole range of scratch built terrain to accompany the game. Please let me win so I can start building some new terrain.

Participant

I’m a long time player of wargames and RPGs.
    My son sometimes has the odd game with me, but now he’s at university I have no one to play with, so I just paint figures and make scenery.
    The thing is, my wife like cute/funny things, so she might actually go for a game of Flintloque.
    So, I’d like to win this in the (probably forlorn) hope that my wife will have a game or two with me. Jon 😀

Participant

Flintloque was one of the game i remember always seeing at my lfgs when I was young.

Last year i bought the original starter set (like the one i remember seeing 30ish years ago).

Adding this one for free would be great!

Inactive

Quite a long time ago I played Death in the snow regularly with my friends at the flgs. Then they closed. I moved a couple times and poof my army disappeared.

Now much later with more time on my hands. I yearn to get back into it and my wife would like to check out the different kind of fantasy setting I have described to her of it.

Keymaster

Thanks to all the new members that joined to be in with a chance of winning!!

I am going to delay picking the winner a few days, sorry for that.
    But hopefully no-one minds, plus it will give the new people a chance to peruse the rest of the forums…   😀

Keymaster

I rolled me a die and number 3 came up, congratulations to fairoaks024.

Drop me an e-mail or PM with your delivery details and I will pass them on to Gavin at Alternative Armies!

Thanks to everyone for entering and thanks to Gavin for donating the prize!!

Participant

Congrats! I look forward to seeing your stuff here!

http://mainly28s.com
    wargames review site...

Participant

Ooooh, brilliant, thanks very much Mike

contact email sent.

Participant

Congratulations

Participant

Look at what just dropped through my letterbox, superb casts.

thanks again Mike & AA

really looking forward to painting these

Keymaster

Cool, glad you got them OK!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.