Home Forums Horse and Musket General Horse and Musket French and Indian Wars with R&P part 2

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    kyoteblue
    Participant

Thanks to the Facebook Rebels and Patriots, I am painting more figures for French and Indian War along with AWI.  Because RAP uses units of 6 12 and 18 figures even at my slow pace I can get units painted in a few weeks. I hope to have enough figures done soon to really take off and game both conflicts in the next few weeks.

vtsaogames
    Participant

Remember that the final phase of each turn is take photos.

This too shall pass

kyoteblue
    Participant

I will try to do that, but the photos will be on my Facebook page. That is as technologically advanced as I can get.

OB
    Participant

You could then put a link to your FB page in a post here.  Just click the link icon above its the thing above in bold that looks like a chain.

OB
    http://withob.blogspot.co.uk/

kyoteblue
    Participant

You can friend me on Facebook, I’m the only Jonathan Keepers in Oklahoma.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Started a second unit, I’m getting my painting mojo back.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I’m running my first game tomorrow for two of my old gaming friends, I’m a little nervous as I don’t have a firm grasp of the rules but I have to start somewhere.

vtsaogames
    Participant

Each unit activates and does all actions, including morale tests by enemy units that it hit, before activating the next unit. Three disorder markers routs a unit. Units routed or wiped out cause a morale test on friends within 12″. Close range is 12″. Go get ’em.

This too shall pass

kyoteblue
    Participant

The game went well, I messed up some of the rules. The French had one line infantry two Skirmishers and two Indian War bands while the British had four line infantry units. Both players rolled snake eyes and boxcars almost every turn so it was a wild back and forth game. The French finally concentrated their fire on two the British units and shot them up and they routed. So the French won. Both Joe A and Jon B want to play again and switch sides. Pictures on my Facebook page.

vtsaogames
    Participant

Ah, I don’t do Facebook. But it sounds like a fun game. I will run our first next week. We have played a bunch of The Men Who Would Be King recently and enjoyed it.

This too shall pass

kyoteblue
    Participant

Please let me know how it goes.

JozisTinMan
    Participant

Sound like a great game! I’ll be knocking out some AWI figures as soon as I can get my head out of Korea, and I like hearing how you guys are getting on with the rules.

http://jozistinman.blogspot.com/

Victoria Dickson
    Participant

Looks like you had fun.

I’ve ordered these rules and Dragon Rampant, hoping to kickstart my wargaming with them.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I think you will like them Victoria, I’m having fun with them.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Just based 16 more Native Americans and working on 12 French Trappers.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Got some index cards to make unit cards to help speed up play. Now if I could only read my own handwriting.

kyoteblue
    Participant

The French Trappers are almost done, starting 12 Regular French Line Infantry now.

kyoteblue
    Participant

The French Trappers are done I can now run them as two 12 man units of four 6 man units. I blitzed 2 cannon’s and have the crews and Regular Line French Infantry to do. French Marines and that will round out my Fench Army.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I got a little paint on the French Line and Marines yesterday, I farmed out my ACW Cav to have a friend paint them and I’ve still got 5 units of Continental line infantry to do.

vtsaogames
    Participant

Got some index cards to make unit cards to help speed up play. Now if I could only read my own handwriting.

Type the unit data on a Word document. Print it, cut it out and glue it onto index cards. Works for me. I use large type since most of our crew is getting on except  one young’un in his 30’s.

This too shall pass

kyoteblue
    Participant

Maybe I could get my daughter to do that for me.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.