Home Forums Terrain and Scenery from toy to table project

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gamegonegood
    Participant

Hi I had an old broken toy castle I found in the attack, I was thinking how I could use those cool battalements on my table for maybe a sea defence or something I have not decided, I dont know if i will finish or not or how long it will take.

I have started by filling out the empty spaces with poly prior to filling

gamegonegood
    Participant

or I have given the filler ago, and it was messy , who said i was a modler

Geof DowntonGeof Downton
    Participant

See! You’re an addict now!

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

gamegonegood
    Participant

I dont know what Im doing, Im looking at rubbish and thinking scatter terrain 🙂

sanding did not go well, Im not sure how well the filler bonded to the plastic, I got some chipping off, so I have PVA ed it, I think if would make a good old motor and dusty looking wall of the 1700s, the only white paint I have is wall paint emultion, but Im planning on drowning out the castle brick detail anyway, then I will pva over it again. I dont see this turning out well

Ive managed to find 2 boards that measure 4ft, thats the size of my table, but I may not do the two.

Jacob Stauttener
    Participant

That is really cool!

Check out my gaming blog about Indy and Historical Games
    https://mustcontainminis.com/

gamegonegood
    Participant

thx Jacob

glues it down, but only pva, and forgot to glue towers together when i realised i was in mid glue , so pvaed everything, later they will be filer and glue so not worried

its going to be a sea wall, I made the two so you can use either or both

gamegonegood
    Participant

ok the glue was falling apart on the poly because it burned it, Im hoping the filler and a coat of pva will hold it together, the filler was so messy. Im in a mess if i get a model out of this im lucky

so far £3 in filler £1 plastic sheet, wood free, castle free

Im not going to buy anything, so just white emulsion Im going to try and splice with acrylics .

I took on a big messy job with no paint here,

now The filler globulated all over, I am hopeing I can be creative with the painting

ThomastonThomaston
    Participant

This looks like it’s a huge project.

You might like this for ideas.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/TabletopLenny-Wargaming-Terrain-Tabletop-Gelaende/videos

Tired is enough.

gamegonegood
    Participant

I should of watched them first, Im not really any good at this but I will do my best

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.