Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Future Cold War Mechs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Having done some wargamer-scale “dabbling” in 1/300th Moderns for a while now (erm… 3 whole large armies and a lot of eBay fishing…) I’d been strangely drawn to the idea of supplementing the increasingly futuristic looking tanks and rather indistinct infantry with some SF Mechs and Walkers.

This new habit started with an unusually restrained initial outing at Warfare 2014 where I picked up a handful of Mechs and Walkers from Ground Zero Games. But then… I caved in and did some online shopping…and then integrated them with my modern Soviet and NATO forces just for good measure

There are now two full pages and loads of photos of this stuff being painted and fully finished on my website.

You can:
    - see more of this rubbish at www.madaxeman.com
    - Listen to the Madaxeman Podcast on any Podcast platform
    - Follow Madaxeman on Twitter @Madaxeman

Ha that mech in the back garden is ace!

Participant

The aliens in Dr Who always seemed to choose to start their conquest of Earth somewhere in the Home Counties when I was watching TV growing up …

You can:
    - see more of this rubbish at www.madaxeman.com
    - Listen to the Madaxeman Podcast on any Podcast platform
    - Follow Madaxeman on Twitter @Madaxeman

Participant

I remember seeing this stuff before, and frankly it’s just inspired! It’s the kind of thing that would re-interest me in the Cold War genre – far enough removed from modern reality to make it okay for me to play games about it.

Something like this could well be my next project, once my current NF mercenary units are done.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.