Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Galaxy's Edge in 6mm – The Legion on Kublar

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Alan MillicheapAlan Millicheap
    Participant

I’m a big fan of the Galaxy’s Edge series by Jason Anspach and Nick Cole. I’ve just put together the Legion on Kublar from the 1st book.

The figures are Brigade Models’ Pac-Feds and were painted by Richard Phillips at Fieldway Scenics. The combat sleds are by Scotia-Grendel.

I’m currently sorting out FWC stats so we can have our first game

There’s more on my blog

The Legion

The Legion

greg954
    Participant

Can’t say I’ve ever read or familiar with Galaxy’s Edge. I’ve never really gone for reading scfi books. Scfi gaming, yes, scfi  films but not scfi books so much. However, looking at it in from the link the book seems to delivery a good backstory for any scfi game.

Future War Commander is something else which has always been on my list to try, but never have. Interested to see how you get on.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by greg954.
    SteelonsandSteelonsand
    Participant

Similarly, I’m not familiar with the source material – but that looks like a really good force – loving the sniper bases…just to say, if you’re still looking for mortar vehicles, have you considered Scotia’s SF7 Hover Vehicle – I used this many moons ago to mount weapons in for a Dr Who Sontaran unit – can be seen here on my long- defunct Blog:

http://steelonsand.blogspot.com/2009/07/dr-who-in-6mm-alien-reinforcements.html

GrimheartGrimheart
    Participant

Those bases are excellent.

Interest include 6mm WW2, 6mm SciFi, 30mm Old West, DropFleet, Warlords Exterminate and others!

Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

That’s a good looking force!  I too like the bases, and how some of the troops are sort of in an echelon/V.  Has a very nice effect.  Guess I have another series I need to start to read, thanks!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

hammurabi70hammurabi70
    Participant

Very impressive.

I would be interested to know what rules give a distinct Sci-Fi play as opposed to just being the next war after WWII/III with more advanced looking technology.

Participant

Thanks all

The basing is a coat of Wilko Earthy Hue, play pit sand mixed with Javis granite stuck and finally 3 different shades of Busch foliage

@hammurabi70
    good point. I’m not sure if there is a set. FWC & Gruntz work for me. I get the flavour of the period from the figures, the terrain and the scenario brief

@Steelonsand
    – yes i’ve got a couple of those. However I would prefer these from Scotia if they just had flat beds.The GM T7010 is my favourite so I might just a file and smooth down the back

SF0086 – Ford XT 2000 Light Truck

SF0089 – GM T7010 2000 Medium Truck

SF0092 – Scammell T15010 2000 Heavy Truck

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

A good looking force and a great series to base it on. Do you have a good lead on minis for the locals? KTF Leej 🙂

Participant

Thanks

I have a generic “native” force using Irregular miniatures’ Alien Infantry – Not-Jawas – codes NSF11 & NSF12. there’s no way I’m painting throat sacs on them 🙂

Not-Jawas

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

They look good enough I think, some creative licence is often warranted. Shame about no throat sacks though 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.