Home Forums Air and Sea Naval Galleys & Galleons

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nic WrightNic Wright
    Participant

Hello all,

I’m new to the forum, though I suspect I know a few of the people on here already – DM I’m looking in your direction.

I just wanted to say that I’ve been working on an indie naval game for Ganesha Games (more associated with fantasy skirmish games than anything else) called Galleys & Galleons. I’d love to share a couple of pictures and reports from some recent games and see if there is anyone here who’d be interested in playtesting them. I’ve already got quite a good number of active playtesters, but a couple more opinions can’t hurt. Right?

The rules have been written with the 16th and 17th centuries in mind, but could be stretched into the 18th and 19th centuries with little trouble. A special set of extra rules are included for players who’d prefer to sail off the edge of the map, allowing for sea monsters, mermaids and dragons (oh my!).

Cheers!

MikeMike
    Keymaster

Thanks for joining, I like the models, which make are they?

Nic WrightNic Wright
    Participant

Thanks! 🙂

Most are Peter Pig 1/450 scale ships from their Pieces of Eight range. The wee boat in the lower right of the bottom picture is a tiny scale (unknown even by the manufacturers!) ‘Empire Galleass’ by Ral Partha Europe which I have crewed with Peter Pig crew and use as a slightly fantastic looking jacht. The Chinese junks are 6mm junks from Grumpy miniatures with their crew removed and replaced by PP crew again.

The sea monster from the second game is a crazy chibi-looking catfish dragon from Impact miniatures. Triton is from Pendraken.

PaulPaul
    Participant

Seems like a fun game. Love the edge of the world idea. Nearly started fantasy naval gaming with GWs Dreadfleet but managed to resist. Might not be so strong willed if all your games are so cool. Thanks for sharing.

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Nic WrightNic Wright
    Participant

Thanks Paul. The game is not intended for fantasy games on the whole, but allows for them with some extra special rules for creatures, flying, being submersible etc which are kept in the ‘Here be Dragons’ section at the back.

DMDM
    Participant

I’ve been playtesting these, fed backa  whole load of comments and looking forward to giving the latest version a spin this weekend. They are a great set of rules, good fun and a good excuse to get those Piggy ships on the table. I’m sure the final version when its released will be a great success 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.