Home Forums General Board Games and Card Games Games like Advanced Heroquest

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Keymaster

What games are out there like Advanced Heroquest from back in the day?

Fairly simple. Co-op. Suitable for a bright six year old to play?

Russell Phillips
    Participant

I don’t know of any wargames, but Forbidden Island fits otherwise.

Military history author

Shaun Travers
    Participant

I started playing a simplified version of Warhammer Quest (mostly a simpler combat mechanism) with my 5 yo and 7 yo.  We are still playing the  game every now and then and they are 7 and 9 now.  But a recent game I picked up was Zombicide.  I have zero interest in zombies, my 7 yo son loves them and loves the game. “Best game ever” was one comment.  He cannot sit down while playing and jumps up and down.  It is a co-op games with figures with simple mechanics.  I only have the first game but know there are lots of expansions.  Games are 1 to 1.5 hours. I asked around and some other of my friends play it with their children too.  I would have never thought of it but my son saw it second hand when we were wandering around.

Just my example and it may not be up your alley though!

Mike
    Keymaster

I looked at Zombicide but it is too graphic really for what I want her to see.

Does Warhammer Quest have a co-op play where her and I can play against the dungeon?

Noel
    Participant
    Shaun Travers
    Participant

WarhammerQuest is pure co-op play against the dungeon.  You play a character (barbarian, dwarf, elf or wizard) and delve the dungeon fighting monsters and gaining treasure on the way to the final showdown.  You do not need four – we usually play with three characters but you will need to tone down the number of monsters that appear.

I do have a post on my blog with the simpler combat rules and an example of play:

http://shaun-wargaming-minis.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/warhammer-quest-simplified-with-my.html

Apologies Mike  – I would have posted earlier if I had rememebered to subscribe/be notified on this topic 🙁

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Shaun Travers. Reason: a better link than a search one
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.