Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy General Warhammer Chat

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author

WFB 3rd edition:

Do people assume that if a flyer hits you in HTH it has charged?

I mean surely it can’t make a charge move at double rate, that would be bonkers.
    But it still has to charge or many rules like fear won’t work, such as being charged by a unit that causes fear means a panic test must be taken.

By the rules, carrion do not charge when attacking you by flying over so technically there is no need to make a fear test.
    This seems daft though.

Guess not.

Participant

I think you go with what the intent is.  If the intent is for them to cause fear when they fly over and fear can only ne caused by a charge then it should count as a charge even if not explicitly written.  Many rule assume that if something like “fear is caused on a charge” or some such is written somewhere then it applies everywhere you see a unit causing fear.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

I watch a few people on YT and so many people that are liking TOW seem to like the elements about it that I like about 3rd.
    It is almost as if 3rd was not that bad and they used many of the mechanics from 3rd in TOW.

😀

It seems that TOW, at least from an Empire POV looks more like WoW than WFB.

I am saddened by the shift in aesthetic.

Participant

Ya, it’s part “we can put so much more detail on now so lets do ALL OF IT!!!” aesthetic that comes from the technological advances but also the popularity of the AoS style.  Not a fan myself either.  I was looking at maybe the Brentonian faction but it’s overdone IMO, the knights are just too much.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

That too, that seems to be the way for GW these days.
    I was more lamenting that armies are mad OTT fantasy.

Looking at peoples lists for TOW they have Empire armies with wizards casting demonic spells, units of knights of demi-griffons, lords on full griffons, mages on pegasi..

What happened to cannons and halberdiers?

Participant

What happened to cannons and halberdiers?

my guess is that these are too cheaply purchased from other manufacturers 🙂

https://jimssfnovelsandwargamerules.wordpress.com/

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.