Home Forums Ancients Gepids in Pasty-tastic ADLG Action on Madaxeman.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

For the first set of battle reports from events held in the roaring 20’s the Gepid army assembles in glorious 28mm and then travels down the A30 all the way to the edge of Cornwall in order to assault the pasty-crust foothills and mountains of success at the 2020 PAW competition in Plymouth.

Will this complex and clever army of maniacally charging one-dimensional horse warriors manage to discover the meaty taste of success, or will they find that they have they bitten off more stewed vegetables of indeterminate provenance than they are able to chew?

One game against Trimverate Roman, two battles against the Seleucids and a final round playing the Sassanian Empire will show the answer in these 4 full-scale West Country reports.

May the Pasty be With You!

You can:
    - see more of this rubbish at www.madaxeman.com
    - Listen to the Madaxeman Podcast on any Podcast platform
    - Follow Madaxeman on Twitter @Madaxeman

Participant

Thank you, I always enjoy reading your AAR’s

Participant

I’ll second Kyoteblue’s opinion.  Great fun reading about his tournament adventures.  My favourite line?

The Roman elephant pricked up it’s ears, eager as a big grey puppy (with what for a puppy would be an unfeasibly long nose and a world-beating expertise in flatulence) to get involved in the fighting

As well, the painting on some of his opponents, the Romans and the Sassanids, are stunning!

Participant

I’ll second Kyoteblue’s opinion. Great fun reading about his tournament adventures. My favourite line?

The Roman elephant pricked up it’s ears, eager as a big grey puppy (with what for a puppy would be an unfeasibly long nose and a world-beating expertise in flatulence) to get involved in the fighting

As well, the painting on some of his opponents, the Romans and the Sassanids, are stunning!

I’d certainly agree that the standard of painting in 28/25mm tournaments seems to be getting better – as do the figures themselves. ADLG seems to have given this scale a whole new lease of life for tournament ‘big battle’ games, with more tournaments for this scale cropping up every year in the UK after what seems like a very long hiatus since when this was a commonly seen scale.

As well as many ‘old school’  figures coming out of retirement, there are lots of newly-painted armies making an appearance which is great. I guess a big factor is that the armies for ADLG are still small enough that its possible to buy a whole new army for reasonable money (certainly under £100 if you use a core of plastic figures for the army) and get them painted in a reasonable timeframe. Painting techniquest have also come on leaps and bounds since 28mm figures were the competition default, so the step-change in quality you end up with is often stunning.

You can:
    - see more of this rubbish at www.madaxeman.com
    - Listen to the Madaxeman Podcast on any Podcast platform
    - Follow Madaxeman on Twitter @Madaxeman

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.