Home Forums WWII Getting 1/72 onto a small table

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Norm S
    Participant

A blog entry looking at getting the bigger scale onto a small table – somewhat inspired by the recent videos of War Panda. (thank you)

http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/172-and-28mm-project.html

War Panda
    Participant

Excellent stuff Norm…left a message on your blog but very inspiring stuff! Well done! Looking forward to seeing some future updates too 🙂

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”

Norm S
    Participant

Thank you kindly. Your videos have helped a great deal. I would never have considered skirmish WWII with just a couple of vehicles on the table. I have been doing entire squads per base in 10mm  and typically putting 3 to 6 vehicles out per side. So I was really surprised how much I was taken by the Bolt Action stuff, I like the narrative game it produces.

Importantly, I also like to look at and handle the larger figure. Whether this is a nostalgic return to my  youth of cracking open a box of figures attached to a sprue – or whether older eyes just appreciate the aesthetic of the bigger figure more (or perhaps both reasons), either way I have had a real buzz this past week, working on this stuff.

The limited playing / storage space puts an interesting spin on the functionality of the large scale, and I love the way these sort of posts generate links and comments from fellow gamers and their experiences of gaming in similar circumstances.

Just Jack
    Participant

Good Lord, Norm, you’ve gotten a tremendous amount of work done, and it’s looking great.

Also, I replied to your query about Company Command in my Game 16 batrep post here on TWW.

Take care.

V/R,
    Jack

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.