Home Forums Terrain and Scenery getting your wargaming into a single box!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Norm S
    Participant

I have done a quick blog post on getting the kit needed for small space waargaming in a single box.

LINK
    http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2020/12/the-spartan-wargamer.html

Ruarigh
    Participant

That’s a great idea and brings back happy memories of my 2mm Armati set (Macedonians versus Indians) that could fit both armies in two Altoids tins with a small box for the terrain. I’ve often thought of returning to this concept for 6mm WW2 reinforced battalion level games using Command Decision. One day …

Never argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

https://emidsvikings.ac.uk/
    https://roderickdale.co.uk/

I have a similar project ongoing with 3mm Seven Years War. My goal is to fit it in a lunch box, albeit sans rules (which will be on my cellphone).

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

ian pillay
    Participant

Love it. Doing something similar for my 3mm ACW based on OHW rules. Just getting the scenery gathered up. Will be doing something next year with  10mm Viking’s perhaps.

Tally-Ho!

McKinstry
    Participant

My Russo-Japanese naval campaign in 1/6000 fits in a single small duffel and that includes the sea mat.

The tree of Life is self pruning.

willz
    Participant

Excellent post Norm, most enjoyable read.  I wonder if we should do several different posts on similar theme, like wargame in a box file or wargame in a trunk and finally wargame in a Tardis.

Wargame in a refurbished Tudor barn.

All I can say is, while I am firmly wedded to my 3mm stuff and that will continue to be my main focus, I am allowing myself to return to my roots and do ONE 28mm period: fantasy. I now have space for it and I can get the kids at university to play things like SAGA and Frostgrave.

How people manage huge 28mm collections is beyond me. We now have a three bedroom apartment and no kids and I still only have space for — maybe — 500 figures, tops. And that would really be pushing it with my partner.

3mm in a box? No problem. In fact, I want to get some generic lunch boxes next time I can get to the States and do appropriate art for Fantasy, Ancients, ACW, SYW, and Napoleonics. Sci-fi is way too large a collection to fit, however. I might make a travel kit, though.

kevin halloran
    Participant

My wife is trying to get me to restrict my wargames to one room never mind one box.  I used to take 28mm ancients armies up to a friend in the village and it took three of those big boxes – 45 litre? – per 3500 point army.  I’m not sure of the exact size but it did my back in.  For 6mm I have A4 boxes but I can’t envisage needing fewer than five or six for any game I’d want to play.  Luckily I live in a ramshackle old place where space is about the only thing in abundance and as I now game only solo this is no longer an issue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.