Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Going For That Unnatural Ancient Tree Look!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Having been impressed with the use of  natural twigs, branches, sticks for use as trees/ents/tree men etc in Germy’s ‘Going for that Natural Ancient Tree Look’ thread  https://www.thewargameswebsite.com/ I was tempted to have a go myself.

Then I caught sight of  this exchange in the thread :

Darkest Star Games wrote: Nice! I think it works better than if one had been made out of twisted wire or something. The natural nuances just can’t be copied.

Germy replied

That’s what I thought, I could not sculpt that, nor could I have created such a realistic looking paint job.

And I wondered if I could.

The answer is a clear ‘No’, but I enjoyed the attempt and it will come in handy for something.

Figure for size comparison is a rather overfed Elizabethan caliverman, c18mm.

Participant

That’s really cool – it looks quite stylised somehow, it would work really well for horror/Cthulu games

Participant

Thanks. That was the kind of look I was aiming for!

Participant

I really like it!  It looks like it would be right at home in that old Doctor Caligari film.

Dan
    Loads of WIPs: https://www.flickr.com/photos/9593487@N07/albums/with/72157710630529376

If you’re planning to do more maybe have one branch bent down like a set of claws about to grab people under it. This looks suited to having a few bodies hung from it with a few crows and vultures perching above.

Participant

Funny you should say that:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.