Home Forums General General Got a new game room.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    kyoteblue
    Participant

My Grandson moved back in with his Mom, so I now have a game room again. New to me painting table, bookcases and my 4 by 6 gaming table set back up. Now back to painting my 15 mm French and Indian Wars figures!

Fantastic. Now when do I get my invite for a game?

donald

kyoteblue
    Participant

You are invited along with everyone else, but please one at a time!!

Shaun Travers
    Participant

Excellent news!  I must have missed the bit where you mentioned the French and Indian Wars project 🙁 I also saw you are doing a pulp campaign in another thread – it that at your house or someone else’s?  And what rules?  Inquiring minds need to know!

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

That’s great!  Very glad you have room to game again!

BTW, did that box of Nam figures I sent ever appear?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

kyoteblue
    Participant

Shaun, I am playing a Pulp Cthulhu campaign at my house with my Lady Joyce and my Daughter and Son in Law.

Darkest Star Games, no I have never seen the Nam figures.

kyoteblue
    Participant

7 figures got some paint on them today!! Woo Hoo….

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Dern postal system… I lost another box sent at the same time, just vanished.  Not uncommon with international, but just a 1-state hop… grrrr!  I’ll have to have a dig around and see if I can sort anther go for you.

Glad you’re painting though!  That’s great!  I’ve managed to get 12 figures base colored, but haven’t had the time to finish them up,  Frustrating sometimes when things stall out.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Abwehrschlacht
    Participant

Good stuff, but we need to see pictures!

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNUYwNznn-ZuNMoHoF3urwQ

Blog: http://www.stormofsteelwargaming.com

irishserb
    Participant

Congrats KB!  Glad to see that you’re back in operation on the gaming front.

Wish I could get up to Oklahoma, Kyote!

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

kyoteblue
    Participant

Again all of you are welcome to visit!!! I painted again this morning!!

Norm S
    Participant

Play space good news and good morale boost!

kyoteblue
    Participant

Back to painting after a few days.

Shaun Travers
    Participant

Excellent to hear Kyote!  I still have not got out of my mind the Pulp Cthulhu you are playing.  I have been slowly working on a pulp SF RPG that I can play from a spreadsheet and use to play Traveller adventures.  I also last year drafted up some rules (and played a game) of a cross of Chaos in Cairo and Pulp Alley.  What this has led to is a new set of rules I am working on that is a cross of both of these rules to harmonise them and also be able to play out the Pulp Alley campaign books I bought. And on a 30cm board.  I then also bought from Amazon a whole bunch of cheap Pulp Crime/Pulp Mystery/Cthulhu story collections.  So I have lots of reading (I am 300 pages into the first omnibus) and hopefully some Pulp games as well! I am trying to blame you but I think it was a confluence of a whole bunch of events, including THW releasing their latest Chain Reaction rules that are quite streamlined.  So count yourself off the hook…this time!

Note that Jack is not impressed and for some reason wants me to finish off and post my WW2 on a small gridded board AARs instead 🙂  Maybe he is not impressed ’cause I promised him I would…

kyoteblue
    Participant

The Pulp Cthulhu is fun we got the party together and are heading to New York from our home base in Boston. I first read HP Lovecraft in Jr High 50 years ago and still love it.

I need to get the Osprey books for French and Indian Wars as painting guides.

Then some 6 mm terrain and builds to do Team Yankee Micro Armor…yes Jack I’m doing 6 mm.

Shaun Travers
    Participant

I saw your post on FB asking for 6mm terrain…how could you Kyote after years of staying strong and maintaining the 15mm line  Oh, unless you are a wargamer, then it is completely understandable you will get into another size or period or both 🙂  I thought Team Yankee was aimed at 15mm? Although it would look better in 6mm to be sure and I am sure I have seen it on someone’s blog.  So double kudos for not only getting into another scale, but not doing the scale it is supposed to be!   I have enough 6mm WW2 armies to easily fill a table tennis table…and enough terrain to fill a 2’x2′ board 🙁  One day I would like to produce more 6mm terrain to at least play on something like 6’x4′ as it would look fantastic.  Anyway good luck on your 6mm terrain quest – at least 6mm terrain does not take up too much room.

kyoteblue
    Participant

It was a whim and truth be told Team Yankee works better in 6 mm than 15 mm not that I am giving up on 15 mm, just wanted to do some very large games.

I’m still slowly painting my French and Indian Wars figures, I already had a ton of Eastern Woodlands Indians so just needed to add the French and British.

JozisTinMan
    Participant

Sounds like you have a lot on the table, congrats on the gaming space!  Getting caught up on gaming stuff, going to catch up on your blog.

http://jozistinman.blogspot.com/

kyoteblue
    Participant

Jozis TinMan you have a much nicer looking game room. I’m just happy to have A/C now.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.