Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi Grav Bike Racing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m currently writing some rules for Grav Bike Racing. The rules should be ready for try out soon, but to get ready here’s the bikes for the racing.

https://movinglead.blogspot.com/2021/04/grav-bike-racing-part-one.html

Not my best painting, but they will do for racing, and probably pop up in some of my other sci-fi games.

Cheers

Steve

Participant

Serendipity!   I was just looking at the variety of grav bikes at Alternative Armies, and thinking it would be fun to try such a project.  I was thinking of adapting “Fastus Furious”, a chariot racing game, or a set of specific grav bike rules I bought long ago called “Future Race”.

I wasn’t aware of GZG’s line. They look really good!  There’s also Ramshackle’s range of modular bikes, and I must admit they also look tempting.

I’m curious to see more of your project.

Participant

Hopefully I can get the rules up in a couple of weeks after a few playtests to check there are no major flaws. I’ve written them for 15mm, but I think by doubling the sizes they should suit 28mm, such as Ramshackle, as well as GW.

Cheers

Steve

Participant

Sounds like a hoot!  Back in 2016 I saw a pod racing game at Adepticon in Chicago and it looked like a really good time too.  Something fun about zipping around at high speed and trying to avoid disasters, miscreant opponents and still take 1st place…

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

I had my first trial run at the game last night, and here are the results.

https://movinglead.blogspot.com/2021/04/1st-grav-bike-race.html

Cheers

Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.