Home Forums WWII Greece 41 6mm Glider Assault

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I ran my second game of the pandemic with players separated by around 500 miles. This game is from Chris Stoesen’s Campaign for Greece 41 book  ( lot of Greece 41 games lately)and based on his Glider Assault scenario (#13) It revolves around an Aussie attempt to keep a road open through Fallschirmjager infested territory. From the book: The Australian 2/6th came under assault from glider borne troops. It was the job of the 2/6th to keep the roads open for the retreating Dominion troops. The gliders landed close enough to the Australians that they watched them land. The landing was so rough, they at first believed that they had crashed until the Fallschirmjagers began to exit their gliders. The Aussie player had 2 platoons while the FJ player only had 5 sections. I was only using a 4 X 4 space for this small game. There was a road running diagonally across from the NE to SW mostly through the higher ground. 5 walled farms were connected to this road I sent some pics of the board to the 2 players, Martin (in Florida) and William (a mere 13 miles from my table) along with briefings and units. They sent back some clear instructions on how they wanted to deploy and what they wanted their blinds to attempt. Their directions were sufficiently idiot proofed so that even I managed to send the units out in the correct order. Toofatlardies’ I Ain’t Been Shot Mum rules and 6mm minis. Link to the flickr site with an AAR: link

FJ troops stuck on the slope by Mark Luther[/url], on Flickr

2nd Platoon at the wall by Mark Luther[/url], on Flickr

Para section ldr directing the fire of the MMG by Mark Luther[/url], on Flickr

Farms on the east edge by Mark Luther[/url], on Flickr
    Gratitous glider picture by Mark Luther[/url], on Flickr

Trading shots by Mark Luther[/url], on Flickr

And disaster! by Mark Luther[/url], on Flickr

End of the game by Mark Luther[/url], on Flickr

Mark

Participant

That’s one lovely looking game.

Participant

Yes, looks brilliant.  I need to read/look again, and this time, take notes…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.