Home Forums General Clubs Grimsby Wargames Society

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Paul Robinson
    Participant

The Grimsby Wargames Society has been in existence for over thirty years and meets every weekday (and a number of weekends too) in it’s own dedicated building, which has been extensively converted and improved to provide the very best in wargaming.

We have four purpose built tables available – 16’x6′ (extending to 18×6), 14’x6′ (extending to 16×6), 10’x6′ & 8’x6′ – and a number of them can be connected to give even more playing surface.

Throw in an abundance of purpose built scenery boards, terrain mats, drop on hills, trees and buildings and, we can provide a basis for any game in any any size for any genre.

we’ve even got a soft drinks bar.

Located at 106 Sixhills Street Grimsby.

Why would you go anywhere else?

for more details drop me (Paul) a line on [email protected]

We’ll be putting two games on at the Partizan show in May that will showcase what we do on a club evening & so come along and meet some of the members.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Paul Robinson.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Paul Robinson.
    Paul Robinson
    Participant

On Monday 2nd May the Grimsby Wargames Society will be hosting a large 28mm War of the Spanish Succession game at their premises.

so if you want to play with some of the superb figures from the collections of the members of the Society on some of the very best scenery to be found anywhere in a building that is unrivalled in it’s ability to offer the finest wargaming experience let me know.

willz
    Participant

I am so jealous Paul, I have suggested to the wife that we move up t’ North purely for health reasons (nothing to do with your excellent wargame venue).  Don’t think its on the cards.

Paul Robinson
    Participant

I’ve just updated my blog with some photographs to show the facilities available at the Grimsby Wargames Society.  A shameless act of promotion I grant you but evidence to support our claim to be one of the best clubs in the country.

http://grimsbywargaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Paul Robinson
    Participant

What a weekend.  A superb new venue for the Partizan Wargaming in History event on Sunday.  A hall packed full of great looking games and very busy traders with well over the estimated number of visitors attending.

We had two games there – a large 28mm War of the Spanish Succession game and a magnificent seventeenth century naval engagment.  A

And to top it all of we cam away with the award for Best Demonstration game thanks to those awesome ship.

willz
    Participant

Thanks for an excellent report Paul.

Paul Robinson
    Participant

another busy night at the Society.

No other club in the town could boast of having three superb games being played at the same time.

More here:

Paul Robinson
    Participant

As the number one club in the town (we have the trophies to prove it) we are offering something different this weekend.

For those that attended Triple or Partizan may have seen the large seventeenth century naval game we demonstrated (also appearing on the front cover of MW399 out soon).

With over a hundred and fifty model ships from Langton Miniatures this was probably the largest such navel game ever taken to a show.

This weekend we are offering you the chance to join in and play the game.

Starting at 10am come along and take command of a flotilla or two and enjoy a day of broadsides and boarding.

Fish and chip lunch included.

Paul Robinson
    Participant

The great naval fight was a superb game and a great day of wargaming from the premier club in the town.

willz
    Participant

A beautiful display of fantastic naval warfare, thanks for sharing Paul.

Mike
    Keymaster

Agreed.

Paul Robinson
    Participant

THE number one club in the area, THE GRIMSBY WARGAMES SOCIETY, will be hosting our largest game yet on Saturday 27th August.

A restaging of the Battle of Ramillies 1706 will be the fought at the club premises from 10am with a slight pause for dinner.

All you need are your wits  – figures and rules provided in abundance.  All players welcome – just drop me a line and let me know.

Fortunately I’ve already found a willing victim volunteer to play Villeroy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.