Home Forums WWII Guadalcanal in August.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kyoteblue
    Participant

I will once again be dusting off my US Marines and Japanese to do a FOW Guadalcanal game in mid Aug. I’ll have pictures on my Facebook page.

Seper Fi Uncle Carl.

Norm S
    Participant

look forward to that.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Getting terrain and troops together, I think it will be a patrol game, and I may use blinds for hidden movement…I’m also thinking that I may not let the players know which of their blinds are real….confusion for both sides.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue spreading chaos and confusion throughout the Pacific theatre of operations!

Cheers Kyote and good gaming dude.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I forgot my damned camera sorry Guys. But the blinds worked well and lead to a tense game.  I gave the Japanese two large platoons and 6 blinds, the Marines got 3 smaller platoons and 9 blinds. (The Japanese had two 12 stand platoons while the Marines had three 8 stand platoons.) The maneuver of the blinds took up most of the game of hide and seek. The Japanese got lucky and found one of the Marine platoons by it’s self and assaulted it and took it out in hand to hand fighting. How ever the other two Marine platoons now knew where the Japanese where and called in mortar fire and pined of the Japanese platoons. The Japanese got revenge with it’s unpinned platoon found and assaulted and destroyed one of the Marine platoons.  We called the game as the Japanese has destroyed two of the Marine platoons .  Kenneth, Gabriel and I had fun.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

“Kenneth, Gabriel and I had fun.” That is the key to this hobby.

Ifat, Elvira, Bongo Haram! Remember your destiny Kyoteblue!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Just Jack
    Participant

“Remember your destiny Kyoteblue!”
    And your camera, ya old bastid!

Rod may enjoy painting pictures with his mind, I’m a bit less abstract 😉

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

I know I know…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.