Home Forums General General Guess the figure competition (no prizes)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    General Slade
    Participant

This is a photograph taken directly from the website of a leading manufacturer to illustrate a figure from one of its ranges.

1. Can anyone guess what the figure is?
    2. Does the photograph make you want to buy some of them?
    3. If you had taken this photograph would you have bothered to upload it.

Mystery figure

Angel Barracks

Some sort of Highlander?

General Slade
    Participant

It is indeed some sort of Highlander. Maybe the picture isn’t as bad as I thought after all . . .

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

1 A Highlander. Could be Napoleonic period, or not.

2 No

3 No

4 Who’s the culprit? 😉

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

General Slade
    Participant

The culprit is Minifigs and it is a Highlander from their French Revolution range http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/Catalogue.aspx?ScaleID=2&CategoryID=10&SubCategoryID=59

It used to annoy me that they didn’t post any pictures of their figures but now it annoys me that they do post pictures but they seem to go out of their way to make the figures look terrible.

Sane Max
    Participant

so now you know why they didn’t used to post pictures.

Wouldn’t it be great and you ordered one and when it turned up that is actually what it looked like? How would be able to demand your money back?

A bit like that cartoon I can never find, where the teacher is saying to the mum and dad ‘Now I had called you in to discuss young charlie’s lack of progress in Art, but….’ and mum and dad both look like this

http://thumb101.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/764968/145419463/stock-vector-children-vector-hand-drawn-145419463.jpg

General Slade
    Participant

Wouldn’t it be great and you ordered one and when it turned up that is actually what it looked like? 

Maybe the figure really does look like that and it’s actually a tribute to Peter Laing figures from the early 70s?

Don Glewwe
    Participant

Maybe the figure really does look like that…

It’s intended to be a marker placed next to a unit to indicate ‘quick march’ status.

https://brawlfactory.net/

John D Salt
    Participant

Sorry, General Slade, but I follow your link and I get XML Parsing Error: no element found
    Location: http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/Catalogue.aspx?ScaleID=2&CategoryID=10&SubCategoryID=59
    Line Number 1, Column 1:

This leads me to suspect that the figure in question is not a highlander at all. I surmise that it is a Serranian mercenary in Trasosmontian service, as equipped for the fourth and fifth Trasosmontian-Boopkidronian wars, the latter also being known as the War of Boopkidron independence. The kilt-like structure apparent around the upper legs is in fact the set of 188-pattern rebreathing alveoli issued to Serranians so that they could breathe the atmosphere on Boopkidron.

If you notice the remarkable crispness with which the camera has captured the Boopkidronian surface, you will realise that there is nothing wrong with the photograph itself, it is just that Serranian combat exoskeletons were actually built blurred, as a stealth measure, in the same way as a lot of Russian equipment during the Terran Cold War. The appearance of an ill-defined silver shimmering ghost is therefore entirely accurate.

Later Serranian stealth technology became much more effective, and many wargamers have mistakenly complained at being sent an empty box when they ordered a set of Serranian Stealth Troopers from the later Vektron Wars.

All the best,

John.

Mike
    Keymaster

You win the internet today sir.

darthfozzywig
    Participant

1. Can anyone guess what the figure is?

I’m guessing some sort of Jacobite Highlander. I’ll guess Minifigs, just off that base (I have a bunch of old Napoleonics from them)

2. Does the photograph make you want to buy some of them?

Not so much.

3. If you had taken this photograph would you have bothered to upload it.

Not a chance.

darthfozzywig
    Participant

The culprit is Minifigs and it is a Highlander from their French Revolution range  

WOOHOO!

darthfozzywig
    Participant

Important note: just like I never remember my umbrella when it rains, I only guess correctly when there’s no prize.  

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.