Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Gundam space cruisers

This topic contains 44 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Darkest Star Games Darkest Star Games 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

I’m with you on the JC rules, one of my all time favs!   They really did it right, I also like how they handle them in LS version 1.  We will see how things change in Jovian Wars.

The way the rules are currently setup is to use X-Wing dice, and for every change in direction you gain a green die for defensive purposes on top those for your mech’s agility and your skill.  Focus symbols allow you to burn an activation point to auto gain an evade or regular hit, which can leave you unable to act on your activation if you use it defensively.  So, it can be tough to hit someone who is zipping around, especially if they end up in your hex!  (there is no stack limit in hexes, though to pass through one occupied by an enemy requires a roll)

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

I’d love to see some photos of your setup as this progresses 🙂 I have started amassing a bunch of 1/144 scale HG kits to use for gaming as well.. I don’t know how many will actually fit on a gaming table, but I intend to try at some point 🙂

How are the rules coming along?

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

1/144 is pretty big!  Such lovely models though, hard to resist!  You might need some huge hexes if you’re going that direction.

The rules seem to work pretty well so far.  the writing is a little rough but I’d be happy to share the very very very rough draft.  Still not completely happy with how cruisers work yet, but the last test we did was a hoot as some Zaku tried to vector to intercept an anti-ship missile fired at the damaged Musai (which had it’s few flak guns knocked out!)  It was looking pretty desperate, as a GM picked off the last defending Zaku before it could activate (though there were still 5 Zeons still looking for the objective), but even though the missile hit it did just about nothing!  Could have sunk her right then and there, but only did sensor damage.  But still, gave the Feddies time to find the shuttle and get a head start.

Another amazing thing was a low level Ball pilot taking out a Zeon Ace in a Dom, as well as another Ace in a Gelgoog!  He was then blown apart by a Zaku with a ‘zooka, but he went down a hero!

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

Yeah, they are big but beautiful 🙂

Haha, that would be some sight, but I am tinkering to be able to play hexless at that size and probably some ground combat as well as space..

I’d love a look at it, my ever-growing pile of converge gundams would fit your rules a treat I think! 🙂

It sounds like the rules work pretty good and that was one heroic Ball pilot!

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Ya, since they use X-wing dice and hexes it’s pretty simple.  Not sure how it would convert to hexless, as part of the point of it is to be able to deny lanes of approach or breakthrough by putting hazards (like mines or unexploded rockets) or several units into hexes.  If the flotsam and debris terrain is set up right you can have a very tactical battlespace.  I’m using collapsible antennas as my fight stands, so it can get a bit complex when you have several units in the same hex, but at different levels.  BUT, much easier to see their true positions than if you were just using counters on the bases.

Check your hotmail Alex!

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.