Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic Haitian Revolution with Sharp Practice – AAR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi!

As a small side project (haha!) I’ve decided to play the Haitian Revolution with Sharp Practice. Last weekend, we had our first game and it was a blast!

Having only played the Wars of the Roses variant of SP before, the continuous musketry fire caused quite some shock  Laugh

For a detailed report and images, visit https://wargamingraft.wordpress.com/2015/03/27/haitian-revolution-first-game/

Cheers
    Shandy

Participant

Nice battle report.  And I’m impressed that you got this project onto the table so quickly.  It was only a couple of months ago that you were asking about suitable figures (the Minifigs look the part by the way).  I wish I was as focussed as that. I always start new projects with great enthusiasm but things generally grind to a halt somewhere in the planning stage.

Participant

Thanks! Yes, I’ve been busy painting… but also, we use rather small groups for our SP games, so it wasn’t that many figures. And the figures we used in the game are all I’ve painted so far, there are still more to be done.

Btw, I’ve really come to like the Minifgs, they paint up very nice and look great.

Participant

Crikey! that brings back memories

The Hitchin wargames club put a game of the Haitian Revolt on at Salute sometime before 1992. I think ours was 25mm Haitians v French

Nice looking game btw

Thanks for the memory recall

Alan

Participant

Alan, that sounds interesting, do you remember which rules you used? I kept to the early phase because Sharp Practice works well if British are involved… and I somehow found it more colorful, there are more factions involved and the situation is more fluid.

I’ve heard that Wargames Illustrated will do a Haitian Revolution game at Salute this year, a pity I won’t see it.

Participant

The rules were written by one of the club members. In fact he did everything for the game – painted the figures and made the buildings and terrain. The rest of us were just there to help run the game

I do recall that there was a photo of the game in one of the wargame mags covering the Salute report that year

I will keep an eye out for the Haitian game at Salute this year

Alan

Participant

Hi!

We’ve now played a second game, this time the objective was to secure a plantation. It was one of the most exciting games we’ve played for a long time, and for a change command & control worked like a treat!

(The building to the right caught fire for reasons unknown, but no one cared ).

For more images and an AAR, visit https://wargamingraft.wordpress.com/2015/04/11/take-the-plantation/

Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.