Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games Historical Hammer of Democracy – infantry anti tank weapons

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just downloaded the updates, all good stuff as ever.  I wondered about infantry anti tank weapons and their binary destroy/fail mechanic.  It would seem more consistent for them to have an anti tank penetration value to compare to armour like anti tank guns.  I presume this is a design decision so that they don’t cause damage or stun effects and I wondered what the rationale was.

Also one tiny nit pick.  The game reference sheets have a really small font and a lot of blank space.  Any chance of a redesign to improve legibility?

Participant

So originally infantry AT was intended work like any other tank shooting, using the same mechanics.

At the time, I was going to have the range limited to 3″ or so, which seemed to interfere with the distances close assaults happen at, so infantry AT became an “assault” option instead, to avoid any weird situations, especially if both infantry and tanks are close to the attacker.

I am starting to wonder if it should just be changed though, especially for the 6″ range gap.
    You’re not the first player to mention and wonder about it, so I think it’s something where the intention isn’t really executed well.

I am trying to get a better ref sheet done, the current one is kinda garbage. My apologies.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.