Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games General Hammer of Democracy is here

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

After almost a year, Hammer of Democracy is finally released to the unsuspecting public.

Well, maybe not unsuspecting.

So what do we have here? WW2 wargaming, based on the Squad Hammer system:

Fast, friendly, open to your own judgements but fully featured as a standard wargame.

You get a scenario generator, vehicle lists, a tool box to cover unusual situations, traits and a points cost formula so if you need a vehicle I didn’t include, you can make it yourself.

If you prefer life a bit less predictable, you also get a random army generator, perfect for pick-up games and of course all the stuff you’d want in a game normally, like artillery rules, smoke, etc.

The core of the game is the order system, allowing only a limited number of actions each turn, coupled with the Support system, which lets you coordinate your machine guns and anti-tank guns with your assaults and defensive operations, in a really cool combined arms manner.

Most dice rolls are simple 2D6 rolls with morale and damage rolled into one measure, which I think may surprise you with just how elegant it feels in play.

Combat moves quickly and you can focus on commanding the battle, not fiddling with rules minutia.

Scale is 1 stand = 1 squad or vehicle. Any miniatures you have are fine, infantry can be based individually or on team bases.

If you already have figures based for Crossfire, Flames of War, Company Command or IABSM, you will be fine. Just get the rules and dive in.

https://www.wargamevault.com/product/274635/Hammer-of-Democracy

If you purchased the beta version, a discount code will be going out tomorrow or the day after. If you don’t receive it (or can’t wait!) email me at [email protected]

Indiegogo backers should also email me for their copies.

Participant

It is a public holiday here and I have used the time to watch the latest episode of Game of Thrones and have a serious read through of Hammer of Democracy.  I have to say I would be pushed to say which was better!  Couple of quick queries.  I am sure I am missing it somewhere but what happens to transported infantry when the vehicle they are in (truck, half track, jeep) is hit?  I assume return fire by machine guns means separate machine gun units and not those embedded in infantry squads.  If that is right you might just want to state it overtly somewhere.

Participant

You flatter me friend 🙂

If the vehicle is hit, apply 1 damage to the passengers. if its knocked out, inflict 3 damage on them.

And yes, return fire for MG’s is only for dedicated MG teams, not squads with machine guns integral or vehicle MG

I’ll add to the list of clarifications and updates.

Participant

Is the damage to transported infantry in the rules? I can’t believe I haven’t found it.  I like it.

Participant

No, it’ll be added. I realized I have it on my notepad but it didn’t make it in the text so shame on me 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.