Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games Sci-fi / Fantasy Hammer of the Daleks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I tried my first game using Squad Hammer Core last night. And what better way to kick things off than a classic UNIT vs The Daleks matchup?

I kept the rules as simple as possible, but the writeup includes the stats for the various squads and a few comments on key changes I made. I’d probably simplify the factors a little in the future, though. As is often the case, working out the ‘granularity’ of factors for things like cover is always fun ๐Ÿ™‚

Hammer of the Daleks

I didn’t include it in the blog post, since most regular readers know this stuff, but to forestall questions about the figures they are 15mm. The UNIT troops are from Peter Pig’s AK47 Republic range, aside from The brigadier who is a Peter Pig WWII NKVD officer. The Dalek mercenaries are from the old Tabletop Miniatures sci-fi range (aside from the interlopers who are from Peter Pig). The Daleks were specially cast for me several years ago by a friend. I painted them in 1988 Imperial Dalek style.

Participant

Looks like a blast!

I like the order limitation on the Daleks, very clever and characterful.

Participant

Very cool.

Participant

Looks like a blast! I like the order limitation on the Daleks, very clever and characterful.

Thanks. I didn’t like the idea of them simply retreating or going to ground in order to remove damage that was hard to inflict on them The fact that they are insanely armoured suggests that they are ridiculously confident in its protection ๐Ÿ™‚

Participant

Seems the opportune moment for shrill shouts of ….well, you know how it goes.

Kudos for doing Day of the Daleks btw, one of the often over-looked Who stories I think.

Participant

Seems the opportune moment for shrill shouts of โ€ฆ.well, you know how it goes. Kudos for doing Day of the Daleks btw, one of the often over-looked Who stories I think.

I have fond memories of it to be honest, probably because it’s the first Dalek story I remember watching.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.