Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Happy Birthday to Me!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sane Max
    Participant

Nice gift from my daughter. She can’t see the beauty of it, thinks I am just a sad nerd. But this figure knocks spots off the new-fangled GW stuff

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Happy birthday to you!  And very nice of her to not only remember (mine are horrible at it) but to also indulge you in your nerdly passions.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Sane Max
    Participant

nearly done….. you tend to forget how much of the work gets done for you by a nice figure. Shame about the head. and the hooves…..  i have a sneaking suspicion it started out as something else.

‘Well Boss, what do you think of my Cow-Demon?’

‘It’s bollocks. Its Head is a skull?… so why does it still have ears? Bin it. No…. Wait…… Those Skaven fans will buy anything….. ‘

Whirlwind
    Participant

Very nice! But what is it? Some kind of Beastman?

Sane Max
    Participant

early 90’s Greater Demon of the Horned Rat – Vermin Lord.  Will be a Greater Warbeast for my Dragon Rampant Skaven.

I do love DR. I already said this, but it’s so nice being able to use stuff you wouldn’t normally. I had one of these fellows from the day they came out, and never once got to use him in a game, too much Buck for not enough Bang. sold it off along with the Screaming Bell years ago.

Andrew Rolph
    Participant

Would work very well as a RuneQuest broo. Nice work.

Andrew

Sane Max
    Participant

Possibly a wee Bit big for a Broo…

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Possibly a wee Bit big for a Broo…

Sane Max:

Lovely mini and a very nice paint job. The juxtaposition to the pelta holding warrior made me think of Glorantha and RuneQuest too. That’s the joy of Gloranthan chaos. Anything can be a broo and a broo can be anything.  Big broo, small broo, they’re all disgusting and dangerous. Your’s however adds some much needed class and panache to this otherwise degenerate spicies of baddies. Bravo sir! May Sedenya, the Red Goddess, nourish and protect you!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Sane Max
    Participant

I played RQ as a kid. we only had the rules, Cults of Prax and Cults of Terror between us, so it was a bit odd – none of us had much idea what existed beyond the borders of the Maps in there. I am sort of glad – later discoveries of the backround reading suggest I would not have liked it much.

still loved Pavis. Who was the British author wrote some short stories set in Pavis?

Andrew Rolph
    Participant

I’ve had broos that big in my adventures! Interesting to see it against a 20/25mm (?) figure as I thought it looked big in the initial photos, but wondered if was a perspective trick.

Oliver Dickinson was the British author, I believe. Griselda et al stories. I didn’t appreciate much of the RQ fiction myself.

As for the world beyond RQ, CoP and CoT…well it was extensive, labyrinthine and constantly re written. Immensely frustrating to try to follow, I eventually stopped trying. After buying every RQII supplement…obviously!

Still run and play RQII in Glorantha – it’s the only way to get my daughter to visit.

Cheers

Andrew

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.