Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi Hardwired: Cyberpunk Mayhem

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I got a chance to play with myself. I mean, play solo. I mean… Man, there’s no recovering from this.

Ahem! “Hardwired” cyberpunk solo minis game.
    It’s kind of like “The Syndicate” or “Satellite Reign”.

LOAD “*”, 8, 1

http://redplayerone.blogspot.com/2019/06/hardwired-cyberpunk-mayhem.html

Cyberpunk 15 millimeter tabletop figures in action

Participant

Interesting game.  Is the enemy spawn system the same for every game, or only the mission the you played?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Ok. That one really got me. That´s the way I want to go too. And I´m completely impressed by the scenery. Very nice!

I´ve got LOT´s of questions right now. But I try to sort them and ask the most important now.
    1. How does Hardwired handle the hacking part?
    2. Do I get that right that the rules endlessly spawns opponents?
    3. Was this one of the scenarios coming with the rules?
    And, as alway the obvious ones….
    4. From which companies are the minis?
    5. Where can one buy those neat casuality markers?

"In strange grammar this one writes" - Master Yoda

Participant

@DSG,

The spawn rate is the same for every game, but it seems more than sufficient. Also, the author says right in the book that “it’s your game” to change as you like. It’s an old saw, but it’s especially true of solo games. He even uses tweaking arrival rates specifically as an example.

Participant

@Thorsten Frank,

Thanks! I think the scenery needs just a teeny bit more goodness, but I’m pretty happy with it.

1. Hacking
    Anybody can do it, but the Splicer gets two dice. Like everything else in the game, it’s not very involved. Get to the access point and succeed at a die roll (modified by the firewall rating). Due to the nature of the game, more of the focus is on overriding security measures, overloading cybernetics, and hacking and piloting drones and other systems (like cameras and turrets, I guess). Being lightweight, however, means it’s less about telling you what you can do, and more about giving you basic mechanics to do the stuff you’re imagining.

2. Yes. Spawn spawn spawn spawn. Of course, by the time the 3d10 guys show up, it’s probably overkill. 😛

3. Yes, this was the only fleshed out scenario, complete with a little bit of fiction. There are also several “mission starters”, with a basic idea, a table setup, and a “catch”, like less time, or early H-SEC response. They’re less detailed than the “full” scenario, but not really in any way that matters.

4. Bah! Always with the minis question! I’ll have to look them up. Back soon.

5. Obviously Dead Tokens from Litko

Whew! This is hard to do on my phone.

Participant

Agents
    Khurasan
    PNHE-TEAM
    Note that Flavio took a hit with the modification stick. He used to look just like Agent M.

H-SEC Droids
    Ral Partha Europe
    Praesentia RAL Infantry

H-SEC Troopers
    White Dragon
    MTU Fire Team

H-SEC Power Armor
    Ral Partha Europe
    X29 Blockhead Battlesuits

So hard to do on the phone.

Participant

@Jason Smith: Thanks for the answers!!! I know the minis question is annoying but I (we) can´t know every manufacturer or identify them immediately.
    And I´m not impatient,  I don´t need answers immediately (contrary to the current culture) – I´ve got time and I can wait.

Participant

Oh, it’s not a problem. It just means that I have to go find them again. 🙂

Also, just making sure, did you see that I already posted the minis answers, above?

Participant

Oh, it’s not a problem. It just means that I have to go find them again. 🙂 Also, just making sure, did you see that I already posted the minis answers, above?

Huh? Still or again awake (ok, depending where you live) – Yep, noticed that – I just wanted to express that it would´t had to be neccessary to answer it in a hurry. It would have been ok to answer when YOU´ve got the time.

Edit: Ok, still awake (just checked your blog profile).

Participant

Cool. Just making sure. 🙂

Participant

Cool. Just making sure. 🙂

Even better – you just managed to kill two birds with one stone for me. I searched for the Marine Tactical Units for ages now. I remember seeing the Kickstarter back then. But I never found it again because I couldn´t remember the name of the company. Ok, White Dragon Miniatures – NOW I´ve got ´em bookmarked!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.