Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic hello again chaps !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michael Collins
    Participant

Here`s something of a re-introduction.

It has been a while since I`ve seen your familiar nick-names from another discussion forum somehweres I was/am michaelcollinshimself.

After some diversion with ancient Rome and Greece, I`ve renewed my own interest in Napoleonics recently and I guess it would be a good idea to come here now more often.

Anyhow, I`ve been working on a new edition of my Grand Manoeuvre Napoleonic rules; looking to improve and simplify it if possible, but without throwing baby out with the bathwater

I will post something of the changes Ive made here if you`d like to see/hear of them and maybe ask your opinoions if you dont mind.

I`m off now to read some of your posts 🙂

Speak later !

Greetings, sir.

Some would regard we refugees from Another Forum (AF) as flotsam & jetsam. I prefer to think we were transported, possibly on a celestial cloud, to Nirvana.

As a fellow Nap-addict, I await your wise words & insightful comments with eagerness.

donald

Mike
    Keymaster

WB!

Michael Collins
    Participant

Hi Mike and Donald,

One of the big changes I plan to make is to provide quick-reference booklets for 3, or 4 base width sizes (say: 20, 30, 40, & 60mm bases). Throughout the rule book itself, I will indicate ranges and distances like this: “20/30/40/60mm”.

I plan to make much use of photos throughout the text to illustrate the rules – but this will be done to decribe how they work, rather than to provide a superficial eye-candy.

Rules-wise, I did have some detailed provision for different nations` troops to perform a passage of lines, but i have replaced this with a more simplified alternative to fit all types.

I also have a new troop order condition of “unformed”; this is to differentiate from troops being disordered by terrain once they are in combat (in musket/rifle range) or under fire from enemy artillery.

hammurabi70
    Participant

Anyhow, I`ve been working on a new edition of my Grand Manoeuvre Napoleonic rules; 

Pray sire, of which rules do you speak?

Whirlwind
    Participant

These rules.

https://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Michael Collins
    Participant

I also have a new troop order condition of “unformed”; this is to differentiate from troops being disordered by terrain once they are in combat (in musket/rifle range) or under fire from enemy artillery.

Interesting. I assume the same effects for the two types of disorder but the former disappears when the disordering terrain is cleared whilst the latter is either permanent or needs a successful pass of a test?

donald

Michael Collins
    Participant

Hi donald,

I have die roll for units to rally from disorder and rout etc, which is btw, the same die roll required in combat too, but for being unformed, which is not as serious a condition as disorder, I have only a half-turn movement deduction for trained and better class troops and a full turn for levies and militias.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.