Home Forums Horse and Musket American Civil War Hello from BBB – Bloody Big BATTLES!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris Pringle
    Participant

Hello fellow TWWers. I have just joined TWW because I heard it was a congenial place for us wargamers to congregate. I thought I should post a brief note to introduce myself.

I am the author of the “Bloody Big BATTLES!” rules (BBB). There are plenty of fine rulesets out there, and I’m sure you all have your favourites already. But depending on your interests, you might want to take a look at BBB as well.

BBB is designed for fighting the biggest, bloodiest battles of the 19th century, in their entirety, in a manageable way – a typical game suits 4 players, fits on a 6’x4′ table, and can be finished in under 4 hours. For instance, four of us fought all three days of Gettysburg, on a Monday night at the club, between 6pm and 10pm including set-up and take-down. OK, we all know the rules well and we played swiftly, but still – good result.

There are about 60 historical scenarios available now, including a number of small ‘training’ scenarios which are ideal for 2 players with just a couple of hours to play.

BBB has got consistently good reviews and is gathering an enthusiastic following as word gets round and people get a chance to try it. If you want to learn more, you can find a lot of reviews via the BBBBlog: http://bloodybigbattles.blogspot.co.uk

And you can talk with other BBB players on the BBB Yahoo group: https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BBB_wargames/info

And of course I’m always happy to answer questions about the game!

Chris

cmnash
    Participant

Hi Chris, Where can I get a copy of BBB from?

Chris Pringle
    Participant

Hi Colin,

In the US: Brigade Games  , or On Military Matters .

In the UK: Caliver Books; you could also enquire at either North Star or Tumbling Dice as they stock other SkirmishCampaigns publications and may be carrying BBB now or soon.

I should have mentioned that as well as the BBB rulebook (which includes a 9-scenario campaign for the Franco-Prussian War) there is a companion book of 16 scenarios, Bloody Big European Battles (BBEB), which is also available from the vendors above.

Thanks for your interest, and I hope this helps.

Chris

Mick A
    Participant

Is there an ACW scenario book planned Chris?

Chris Pringle
    Participant

Hi Mick,

“Planned” would be putting it too strongly. “Intended but with no particular deadline” would be near enough.

However, at the moment we are simply making more and more ACW scenarios freely available via the files of the BBB Yahoo group. The collection so far  includes: Champion Hill; Chickamauga (draft); First Bull Run; Gettysburg; Shiloh; The Wilderness. At some point we may publish a printed set. But don’t wait for that. Come along, join the group, and help yourself.

Chris

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.