Home Forums General General Hello from Les Prince

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello

Thank you for accepting me as a member of the site. May I introduce myself?

Amongst other things I am a flag anorak; I have contributed flag illustrations for several publishers including Helion, Baccus 6mm, and Partizan Press, and until they moved to bolt action I was the flag man for Warlord Games. I am also the principle author of the (surprising to me) much maligned Russian Infantry Flags of the Napoleonic Wars (or something like that, I forget the actual title). I was saddened by the lukewarm, and sometimes hostile, reception it received, especially after all the work I put into it. So it goes.

Just for the record, when I produce flag illustrations, wherever possible I go to original sources and make my illustrations as accurate as possible. It’s not always possible, of course.

Some years ago I started a collection of wargamers’ flags under my own imprint Venner’s Emporium. Alas, I am not a good businessman, so it languished. But I am planning on giving it a kick restart once I can get my head around this interweb thingy and getting PayPal to hoover up the money for me. I really am not a very good businessman.

Providing I don’t violate any of the rules of the site (which I will have to learn) I may, if you approve, occasionally share news of Venner’s here. Be gentle with me, I’m not an accomplished forum contributor, and, if you would like I can contribute flag related articles from time to time.

Thank you again for allowing me to join.

I look forward to a productive and happy relationship with you all.

Kind regards

Les PrinceOne of my Venner's sets

Les Prince

"Everything that ever has meant anything, has just as truly meant something else" (Charles Fort)

Participant

Hi Les, Good to see you here.

Good luck with the flags etc.

Looking forward to hearing more from you here.

Best wishes

Guy

Keymaster

I was saddened by the lukewarm, and sometimes hostile, reception it received, especially after all the work I put into it. So it goes.

I think it was the way it was promoted by the sellers rather than the actual book itself.
    I saw one site that listed it but no description at all, not even a single line of text…

Providing I don’t violate any of the rules of the site (which I will have to learn)

Not really any hard rules, just don’t be a nuisance really.

But I am planning on giving it a kick restart once I can get my head around this interweb thingy and getting PayPal to hoover up the money for me.

Happy to help if I can, as I am sure others are.

Participant

Welcome Les!  Those are some fantastic renderings, really great work.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Hello again,

Thank you for welcoming me in. I will do my best to be a good team player.

Les

Les Prince

"Everything that ever has meant anything, has just as truly meant something else" (Charles Fort)

Participant

This is a great forum, very friendly and helpful folks.  Welcome and enjoy the camaraderie!

PayPal, once set up, is a great way to secure funds.  I’ve been using my account for 10+ years with zero issues.  Happy to help as well with any questions.

I am curious about 15mm flags myself, mostly 18th and 19th Century, meaning I might be interested in 15mm flgas you offer for colonial or American Wars.

Buckeye Six Actual
    https://ambushedinthealley.blogspot.com/
    http://foragecaps.blogspot.com/
    http://germancolonialgaming.blogspot.com/

Participant

Hello Daryl

Most of my sets are 28 mm, but I can always revise to 15 mm if required. I’ve lost track of how many sets I have, and am planning a revamp alongside the website development (I get all panicky about the interweb thingy), but I can say that  I have several sets from 18C and 19C, including AWI and Crimea. I am also planning on putting together some booklets on different flag topics which, depending on how much work is involved, I will release as e-books either for free or for a very small price. I have just made the arrangement to buy ISBNs for these.

Regards

Les

Les Prince

Following Wheaton’s Law seems to work well enough here.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.