Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic Help: British Infantry 1790s in 15mm?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi!

For a new project I am looking for British infantry of the 1790s in round hats in 15mm. It has to be round hats, as I will be doing the Haitian Revolution and overseas troops had those hats.

The only ones I could find are Minifigs, which are ok but only one pose. As I am doing a skirmish project, I’d like to have more variety. So, does anyone know of such figures in 15mm?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
    Shandy

Keymaster

I am not sure what other period the 1790’s would be, sorry.
    But have you tried the Directory?

Participant

Have you considered using British Napoleonic marines?  They wear round hats and I think in 15mm would be indistinguishable from flank company  line infantry (they have shoulder wings so to use them for centre companies you would need to file these off). The Minifigs ones are very nice.  They come in three poses – advancing, firing and kneeling firing – plus three command figures so would give a fair amount of variation for a skirmish game.

Minifigs British Napoleonic

Participant

QRF have John Company men in round hats here:

http://quickreactionforce.co.uk/product-category/freikorp15-pre-1900/freikorp15-pre-1900-britishfrench-1750-1800/

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

Cheers for posting the link to QRF George, I have never had a good look at 15mm stuff before and those Friecorps figures are interesting.

Trying to resist the urge to move into 15mm.

Participant

Hi William, I’m going the other way, trying to avoid them.  Time has caught up with me a bit and I find 15s more difficult to paint than I like, especially with the amazing detail on them these days; about the same as a 28mm with some.  20mm is as small as I want to go.  Warrior do some nice 15mm and are cheaper.

George

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

General Slade, I’ll use the Minifigs Marines for the Haitian regulars… the coats are too short, but I’ve got to use what I can get. And they are very nice indeed.

George, thanks for the link to the Freikorps figures, I didn’t know those, they look as if they might work well!

William, don’t resist, 15mm is great! 🙂

Participant

Hi Shandy,

The length of the coat tails hadn’t occurred to me but of course you are right.  If you want some more variation, Thoroughbred also make marines (also with short-tailed coats unfortunately)  that I think would be compatible with Minifigs.

Thoroughbred Sea Eagles

Participant

Ok, I’ve now made up my mind. I decided I’ll go with the Marines for the British line regiments after all. The Osprey on British Oversea troops says that there were special regulations for those troops for shorter coats, so I decided to use them – the Minifigs marines have three poses which is perfect for skirmish games. I’ll use a mix of after round hat types for the Haitians.

Thanks for the help guys! And I want to give a special shout-out to Dave Ryan of Caliver books, who was very patient with my questions about poses and constant changing of and adding to my order. Great service!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.