Home Forums WWII Heroics and Ros 8th Army

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is there anyone out there who has photos of the Heroics and Ros 8th Army? I am thinking about building a force to fight either in the desert or against the Japanese, but can’t see any photos anywhere online.

Also any photos of their Japanese infantry would be useful.

Participant

I have some but they are from decades ago. Whether they have been updated I do not know. If you want I can post pictures of them but the pictures may not reflect what is current. Your call.

Participant

Here they are in action recently at Sidi Rezegh, but good luck making out anything useful as they are teeny tiny 6mm figures painted sand on a sand background.

https://tgamesweplay.blogspot.com/2020/10/sidi-rezegh.html

Pretty well all my 6mm stuff is HR. Nice figures, iirc you get mix of rifle section strips in each pack and support weapons. They are clearly cast wearing shorts.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Participant

tty well all my 6mm stuff is HR. Nice figures, iirc you get mix of rifle section strips in each pack and support w

Yes please. Any pictures will help.

Participant

Here they are in action recently at Sidi Rezegh, but good luck making out anything useful as they are teeny tiny 6mm figures painted sand on a sand background. https://tgamesweplay.blogspot.com/2020/10/sidi-rezegh.html Pretty well all my 6mm stuff is HR. Nice figures, iirc you get mix of rifle section strips in each pack and support weapons. They are clearly cast wearing shorts.

Thanks for the pictures. They look about what I thought they might look like. I have a bunch of H&R Americans and Germans, so will likely just stick with H&R anyway.

Participant

Here is the best picture. If you want anything specific let me know and I will try.

Basically guys in shorts with helmets. As I said I bought these decades ago. I also do not know if the support were separate then or part of the package. If you really want to know I can look it up in old catalogs. Many older figures or ranges have been updated recently so your mileage may vary. In case it is not clear the infantry strips consist of 7 guys with Lee Enfield’s and one with an SMG (Thompson or Sten?) Support weapons  strips are 1 with mine detector, three guys and a mortar (2 loaders and one spotter) and the second strip has a HMG (Vickers(?)) with a separate ammo handler, A standing spotter, an officer and a radio signals operator. Hope this helps.Every type of H&R 8th Army I have

Participant

Those look awesome, Stephen, thanks for posting!

I hope Thuseld gets some and plays, I’ve been missing your Battlegroup games!

V/R,

Jack

Participant

@Stephen, thanks for those pictures. They look about how I would expect and I guess I am adding them to my list.

@ Jack, I have a few army lists ready to go, but it is just finding the desire and time to lay a game out and play it. Quite honestly I was going to play a game tonight but just didn’t. I am watching Downton with my wife, and birthday shopping for her gifts.

Participant

I know what you mean in terms of  a gaming malaise, but just know there are folks out here that really enjoy your games and are looking forward to them!

V/R,

Jack

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.