Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Hessian troops during the WAS ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Spectator

Hello everyone

Which 25/30mm miniatures to use for the Hessian troops during the WAS ?

I’m looking for figurines specifically Hessian for this war …

Thank you

Participant

I would recommend Crann Tara miniatures, who sell Fife and drum hessian’s

http://cranntaraminiatures.co.uk/product-category/fife-and-drum/fife-and-drum-hessians/

Spectator

Thank you I saw, but they are not for the WAS …

Participant

Breton post a photo of the style of uniforms you are looking for, it may jog an idea for the figures you are looking for.

Spectator

Sorry I do not have one. The only documentation I know and possed about them is Manley…

Participant

I’d be surprised if anyone does WAS Hessians. Their role as erstwhile British allies (perhaps more accurately, mercenaries?) in Flanders was minor, around 5000 I think? I’m not aware of their participation in other theatres.

I’m ready to be proved wrong.

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Spectator

There were enough, as for example at the battles of Rocourt and Lauffeld, to be represented …

Participant

Breton I posted your question over on the Fife and Drum miniature forum, here are the replays, with grateful thanks to Jim Purky and other forum members.

The two pictures above are the Moirier paintings of Hessians in 1748.

It looks to me that the waistcoat is longer in the 1748 uniform campared to my AWI Hessians. The mitre looks taller, more like a British mitre, but metal front instead of cloth.

I can’t discern the difference in the cuffs, though they might be a little larger.

Here are the Fife & Drum AWI Hessian Grenadiers:

The Hessian musketeer figure would be closer, needing only a longer waistcoat to be precisely WAS era. If the gentleman is looking for dead nuts accuracy, then he is going to be out of luck as no other company makes the figure that he is looking for.

I hope this information helps Breton.

Spectator

Thank you William, yes it helps me and makes things progress, and congratulations, it is a very good post, now we must see if the ‘ only known ‘ Hessian figurines (Unless there are others, from another manufactory with a SYW or AWI Hessian range,?) are transformable with the help of My friend ‘green stuff’?

Participant

“Ah Breton” green stuff and liquid green stuff, we are blessed with that wonderful modelling aid.

Spectator

Yes, they are our best friends in the field of modeling …

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.