Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Hills

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ali Dogan Sayiner
    Participant

Hi. I’m making hills. And I want to sell them ofcourse but before it I would like to hear your comments.

contact me via : [email protected]
    http://www.sayinermicrotoys.com/

The_Beast
    Participant

Hi, Ali.

I’m assuming you’re stuck with one ‘green’ for the grass material. Seems a bit bright for terrain, but you work with what you have. Is that a plastic turf? I want to try felt.

The way it gathers for a completely flocked hill is a bit off-putting. You might try carving the hill sides with a bit of undulation to make allowances. Sort of a ~~~~, if you can see tildes.

Best of luck!

Doug

Yesh, I think the completely covered hill is too twee and the folds with the gathers are off-putting. The edged hills are nice, though. Might want to try felt, as Doug pointed out, or a less bright shade of green.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

McKinstry
    Participant

I agree with both of the above. The hill shapes are OK but the grass covering is, for lack of a better term, garish. something a bit more muted and ideally not so all encompassing.

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Ali Dogan Sayiner
    Participant

Thank you everyone !

contact me via : [email protected]
    http://www.sayinermicrotoys.com/

Norm S
    Participant

Hi – seems a good idea to make the hills modular (stackable), but I don’t think the covering material is working because (a) it causes puckering when wrapped entirely around the base and (b) the contrast with the brown textured contour line just seems too strong.

I like the texture visible on the contour line and suspect that an easier look would come for apply a gentle scattering (to give patches of say a 25% covering) of sand and flock over the entire feature, including the contours, so that the contours are loosely melded with the flat surface material. The base material that you have left visible on the contours seems to have a great texture to work with and the grass mat covering takes away, rather than adds to that.

I have some hills that I would describe as too grassy and I intend to rough them up a bit, so that some added texture will catch the light better. I even think a bit of dry brushing with another tone might help, but I still want my hills to have an overall effect that they look similar to each other, so that my terrain feels a bit more ‘knitted’ together.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Norm S.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.