Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Hobbits Riding Wolves

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anyone know anyone who makes hobbit cavalry mounted on wolves or wargs?  It seems like I’ve seen them somewhere, but I cannot locate them.

For an upcoming fantasy project (Wars of Orcs and Dwarves) I am building up a hobbit army.  The cavalry brigade has hobbits on ponies (old Heritage Lord of the Rings from the 1970s), hobbits on Emus (Blacktree), and hobbits on platypuses (3d printed).  I would like to flesh out the brigade with hobbits on another type of mount.

Keymaster

28mm?

Participant

Yes.  Should have specified.  25mm or 28mm.

Participant

Nope, don’t know any.

But the true spirit is to make them yourself.

E.g. here’s some skaven cavalry I converted some time ago: http://snv-ttm.blogspot.com/2019/10/skaven-cavalry.html

Plastic wolves, goblin riders, goblin heads removed, skaven heads put in place. All plastics are old Citadel or Battlemasters. You could do the same for halflings. After all, goblins and halflings are the same size 😉 And there’s no shortage in goblin wolfriders.

Participant

Thanks for the pointer and the suggestion.  Great work on the Skaven cavalry.  Pretty cool!

I am a cheapskate, and the idea of buying cavalry and throwing away the riders or mounts to kit bash a solution bothers me a bit.  I noticed that The Assault Group has some cool renaissance-looking hobbits.  I plan to ask them if I can order the riders separate from the mounts.  If I can, then finding wolves will be pretty straight forward.

Buck

Participant

wow, good to see those old Warhammer Armies skaven again. Good Job on the conversion – I sometimes wish I had not binned mine.

oddly I want to mount some halflings on dogs. The Wargames Atlantic legs are a bit too close together to make it an easy bodge, and like others here I refuse to. say, buy goblin riders and throw away the torsos, so I gave up. If anyone comes up with some ideas I will be watching with interest.

Participant

The Assault Group makes some really neat hobbits on roosters.  I ordered some.  I am not sure what I will do with the extra roosters, but I will be able to mount those hobbits on wolves or something else.

Participant

I am not sure what I will do with the extra roosters, but I will be able to mount those hobbits on wolves or something else.

Put them in a flock with a herder as extra rations for the wolves?  Or use them as pack-roosters with spare arrows or snacks (second breakfast, afternoon tea, luncheon etc).

Participant

I love the idea of pack roosters!  Thanks.  I found a neat hobbit chariot that I ordered.  Maybe I’ll replace the ponies with roosters too.  Oh, the possibilities!

Keymaster

Hobbits on badgers or something similar on Thingiverse iirc

Participant

Yes, I printed hobbits from Thingaverse mounted on giant platypuses, but they are not separate riders. I think the ones from The Assault Group will do nicely.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.